Bearing spare parts

hi guys

i was looking into my bearings and it turned out that the cage and shield was damaged
ive gotten new bearings since then

is there anywhere i can get some non contact rubber shields and some ball cages?

Bearings are pretty cheap iā€™d just get some new ones. I donā€™t think you can buy spare parts.

3 Likes

ok thanks

i have a set of bones reds
they say have the back side open and can fit non contact rubber shields but i cant find any

You donā€™t need the rubber shields, they look better without.

2 Likes

ā€¦and sound better too.

2 Likes

If you look around you can actually buy Bones shields separately IIRC

Iā€™ve been rolling around on the same pair of bearings for nearly 10 years (heroin nosebleeds) minus the one that exploded a year ago.
You donā€™t need them side shields they slow you down.

No protection, no lube. Keep it dirty.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never bothered servicing, oiling or cleaning bearings ever. Just every 5-10 years when they get rattly and tinny get a new set (and donā€™t be tempted to spend a fortune, a Ā£10-15 set will do).
You only need the expensive ones if youā€™re going down a mountain pass on your longboard in a lycra clad suit.and even then it probably makes full all difference.

1 Like

Treat them like a mogwai and donā€™t get them wet.

1 Like

Do you know where i can get some ?
ive had a look but nothing is popping up
just spare bearings

i only wanted the shields to prevent dirt getting on my spare bearings
the cages i wanted for the bearings that i broke the cages in. the internals are all good, a little scruffy but they still roll just without a cage

Shields off all the time. Itā€™s a Ā£20 set of bearings.

Leave sheilds off and every 6 months or even a year, take bearings out and clean them with fuel injection cleaner, re lube and put back in.

I always leave the shields on, I know everyone takes them off but I donā€™t get it. I like those 6 ball/big ball Bones bearings I reckon theyā€™re worth the extra.

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure on this received ā€œwisdomā€ of removing bearing covers. Iā€™m going to go with the obvious preference of the manufacturers rather than a bunch of skateboarders with their ā€œdevil may careā€ attitudes.

3 Likes

Bronson sell a ā€˜Rawā€™ version with the shields already removed which cost more :neutral_face:

I bet this is as close to actually going skateboarding as this guy ever gets.

ā€¦throw them away and buy some new ones :joy:

2 Likes

Normal Bearings yeah

I only ever ride Swiss, (here we go again :wink:)ā€¦They will last a bit longer than a year with no shields and no cleaning. I canā€™t be arsed cleaning them, I donā€™t chuck them away though, Iā€™ll just give them to someone who needs them, (Swiss that need a clean>new bargain bearings), or stick them on a wet set up and get a spanking new set.

3 Likes

fair enough innit!

1 Like