Brain Drain show

Best get him back on for a part 2!

2 Likes

All wrapped up last night, great stuff.

The Heathen Crowman :rofl:

1 Like

just finished the Div episode, bloody brilliant.
got me reminiscing about daft n rowdy UK jams, heh

2 Likes

Next up, TV’s Marc Churchill!
Splendid bloke with some fantastic stories

1 Like

Did he talk about when he was in that car crash? So gnarly

*edit haha I clicked the link after I wrote this so obviously, yes he does.

I remember talking to him about it after it happened, I think it was a few months after, will never forget it

2 Likes

It was so hectic to listen to, the detail he goes into is absolutely wild.

1 Like

Some pretty good stories in this one!

9 Likes

That was great, what a beautiful man.

3 Likes

Loved that, I still miss Rad dearly! He’s had quite a few moments of really terrible luck down the years (I’m sure I remember reading of him being beaten up at a skatepark many years ago) but thankfully he’s had some positive opportunities come his way too.

Good pod :+1:

3 Likes

Half way through. Churchill is the best

4 Likes

Last 2 episodes have been great man.

If Churchill says he was the inspiration for Craig David in Bo Selecta, I’m buying it

7 Likes

Just finished this one , dipped into it it last night and watched the Milky story then saved the rest for tonight. Spleen story is nuts.

2 Likes

I really need to stop pulling these weird faces for thumbnails…

3 Likes

Good work on this one - very much enjoyed Marc’s episode :clap:t2:

3 Likes

P.s. you were correct about Gordon Skrezka - he lived in Oxford for a long time. I lived with him for a year.

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard the name before, he’s good, very good!

Gordon was this good in 1992 (see below - embed is set at his part). Truly a gifted skateboarder.

Context: This is System ‘Joyriders’ made by Jon Robson and released on VHS around the second iirc issue of System Mag (precursor to Sidewalk). The whole thing is worth watching if you’ve not seen it before - Harry Bastard part, Penny footage etc) but any excuse to hype up Skrezka is worth it.

4 Likes

This has been a most pleasant education.

1 Like

Gordon had a cover of Sidewalk too.
Apologies for rudimentary pics.
Knucks to @buildafire for the SvL scan of Horsley’s photo.
December 2000. I was present for this and have footage somewhere. Fully pissing it down.
Thread derail over (for now)

6 Likes

I had that one! Bet it had something good written on the spine. For reason must’ve missed his name.