Cars

Yeah my mum has a duke. It’s tiny. She also used to have a bmw mini and that is the worst car I’ve ever driven. Every time I got in or out of it I whacked a bit of my self on the awful interior lay out. Everything about that car is awful

I just got 31 lengths of 3x2 inside and 2 sheets of ply on the roof of my 13 year old Honda jazz and it didnt grumble, it’s a tardis.

Mazda 3s are actually a properly top-notch alternative to the Golf/Astra/Focus/Civic power 4 that rule that sector. The new Skyactiv-X engine tech that runs a petrol engine in low revs using compression ignition like a diesel to improve efficiency and maintain power is brilliant. I forgot about the Mazda 3 when I was musing about cars I wanted because I actually, properly want one.

Interior doesn’t look bad at all. Minimalist, but apparently premium-feeling

According to Top Gear it isn’t as good to drive as the last two generations of it though, which is a shame. Apparently the 2 older models were best-in-class chassis wise.

PS I don’t work for Mazda.

1 Like

I had a 2002 Mazda 323. I loved that thing. Proper tank.

Audi wanker here.

2 Likes

It’s a thread about cars. We’re all wankers.

4 Likes

Oh my word!

1 Like

I used to see this 1 off Ferrari estate car parked outside my office near Marylebone. I remember googling it the time, quite interesting how the guy got it.

From Wiki

Ferrari 456 GT Venice: It was a series of seven 5-door estate (wagon) commissioned by Prince Jefri Bolkiah of Brunei. After Pininfarina designed and built them, the prince only purchased six and the remaining car was purchased by a private car collector in the United Kingdom. Each piece is rumoured to have cost the Sultan’s brother around US$1.5 million.[12]

2 Likes

Z8 for me. There’s one down the road from me and I drool every time I see it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a lunatic car. Love the look of it.

But for me it would be the Alfa 8C.

One day I will own a 4C for sure.

1 Like

My dream car when I was younger was always the Maserati 3200 because I love those boomerang lights at the back:

You can buy one pretty cheap these days because they don’t work. But it’ll look great in your driveway.

3 Likes

It looks like an old Peugeot

You should see what the W8 one does, it was basically a countdown timer to overdraft.

A mate who I still know from when I started skating has been fixing this up for a couple of years on and off.

3 Likes

I’m glad you opted for the one with those lights and not the newer boring ones.

What’s it running do you know?

Current engine nightmare:

Ha I bet! 1.8t not that bad in the scheme of things really.

My boss is responsible for that power plant ever being in production, don’t think he was very popular for it. I was equally unpopular for running straight pipes on one.

Nice. It was a funny engine, seem to remember the base was 150bhp but there were versions with at least 225? The 150 must’ve been a pretty low pressure turbo on a 20v 1.8.