Cathode TV - Covid entertainment thread

Morning all,

Thought it might be nice to have a Covid thread separate from the other one which, for obvious reasons is pretty grim.

Stumbled across this insta account the other day - https://www.instagram.com/cathodecinema/?hl=en

LA based independent weird films etc account.

They do daily streams on a particular theme, all free to watch (live streamed though as it’s Twitch) - today’s theme is ‘Drugs’.

Playlist: here - Cathode Cinema on Instagram: "Tonight!  DRUGS. 8:35PM PST Liquid Sky (1982) A small, heroin seeking UFO lands on a Manhattan roof, observes a bizarre, drug addicted fashion model and sucks endorphin from her sexual encounters' brains. 10:30PM PST All That Jazz (1979) Bob Fosse’s swan song that tells his own life story as he details the sordid career of Joe Gideon, a womanizing, drug-addicted choreographer, rapidly working himself to the dirt. 12:35AM PST Party Monster (2003) Oddly casted, yet charming trash biopic based on the true story of Michael Alig, a Club Kid party organizer whose life was sent spiraling down when he bragged on television about killing his drug dealer and roommate. 2:10AM / 3PM PST Blue Sunshine (1977) A man accused of murder tries to stop hairless people driven to kill by bad LSD in college. 3:45AM / 10AM PST Altered States (1980) A psycho-physiologist experiments with hallucinogenics and a sensory-deprivation tank having visions he believes are genetic memories. 5:30AM / 4:35PM PST Pure Shit (1975) Rarely seen! Forty-eight hours in the lives of drug addicts in Melbourne including real scenes of heroin injections and a fatal overdose. 6:45AM / 11:45AM PST Drugstore Cowboy (1989) Gus Van Sant’s modern classic about a pharmacy-robbing dope fiend and his crew who spend their days popping pills and evading the law. 8:25AM / 1:25PM PST Dusty and Sweets McGee (1971) Following the comings and goings of actual heroin addicts and drawing on the talents of several actors to round out the roles of the drug dealers, filmmaker Floyd Mutrux takes a look into the lives of those people entrenched in the drug culture of Los Angeles. Abridged programming reruns at 10AM PST"

Hit their bio link or go direct to their Twitch

1 Like

‘Party Monster’ about NYC 80’s Club Kids scene/Micheal Alig is on just now.
A bit overly camp but M. Culkin’s in it

This looks sick!

Not sure if I could watch Party Monster at 9am though

1 Like

Blue Sunshine (LSD powered bald zombies) next, followed by Altered States

Fucking hell, quite the day ahead lol

1 Like

I can’t recommend this film enough.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wake-Fright-Donald-Pleasence/dp/B07BXZ513L

Serious passive drinking experience.

My favourite drug film (booze).

This sounds like a UK tour edit from 2005.

Posted this before but I’m fascinated by these squares and love this:

2 Likes

Werewolf theme today

yeah, I watched that when you posted it last time…Had the tab open for days, so forgot where I’d stumbled across it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Keep off the moor. Stick to the roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxmyEM_SPfw

Cathode TV are on a comic book theme today - Flash Gordon, Dick Tracey, all kinds of good shit.

Spider Baby on right now

Amazing film. Haven’t watched it in ages.

1 Like

That sounded expensive.

Guess it’s either a drug dealer or an Old Firm player.

Or somebody who works for the council.

1 Like

Also meant to post that in ‘Cars’, but I’m far too busy to read past the first two letters of a thread title.

Great schedule on Cathode tonight - ‘Street Cinema’ including ‘Crooklyn’ and ‘Kids’

1 Like