Concrete Reality (architecture &/or skateboarding)

Yes, same place. It’s RAF Denge near Dungeness in Kent.

As @visuals0und pointed out there are a number of other places around the UK that are also sites of parabolic acoustic mirrors.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

"The earliest evidence of the plaza’s importance to skateboarding can be heard in the hardcore band Kraut’s song about skating there, Pyramids, which was recorded in 1984"

2 Likes

Malmö rebuilding part of Love Park:

10 Likes

That looks like it’s near where the current one is, or at least it looks like the metro stop that’s on the way to said spot.

If so I’m definitely checking that out when we head back to Copenhagen. Just a wee train over, happy days.

EDIT: Confirmed it is near that spot, in that case, it’s rate close to the Metro and a siopio. Sorted for biccies and cheez.

1 Like

I always assumed this was a legit rail but it turns out it was a DIY job by Enrique Lorenzo.

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like
2 Likes

Wait whaaat?

I had no idea that wasn’t a legit rail. Went there about 20 years ago and a friend of mine put down a load of tricks on it. Can’t wait to tell him :laughing:

The new Enrique rail gets a bit of a sessioning in the last part of this Winkle TV edit, (8:50).

1 Like

I suppose this could have gone in the interview thread but it’s probably more relevant in here

Iain Borden and archaeologist Patrick Sean Quinn interview. Interesting stuff.

And for further info -

1 Like

Quite stoked on these pics and I guess they ought to be here maybe?
This spot has been skated for at least 40 years, probably longer and was originally known as ‘gay bog banks’ due to the building on top of the banked plinth being a somewhat notoriously active cottage. Subsequently it became a Yorkshire Water ‘pumping station’ and is still skated a lot to this day.
Richard ‘Benny’ Hughes had the first published photo there, fs grinding behind the old post box and Nick Remon had the cover of Sidewalk in maybe 2011 nose bumping the post box.
Anyone who went to Rehab skatepark will have skated these paving slab banks.

3 Likes

…ARF!

1 Like

Innit.

1 Like

Nick Remon 2011 cover for comparison.

6 Likes

Is this near The Hepworth?

yeah, just over the road

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like