‘Cover Version’ online NOW

amazing, what a treat! massive respect to everyone involved in the project. i lived here for over 20 years and this was a true London video and really showed the city i know, and how it feels to skate here especially with all the randoms, there were spots near my house, spots right next to my office, spots i have randomly driven past on the other side of town and wondered if anyone ever skated, and they all got rinsed! the brown steps/high ledge/stairs pop out backside tailslide at the start is literally next to my office door and that must be the first time anyone has touched that cos its insane.

i bought the USB not realising it was coming straight out online but so happy to contribute £10 to the project. so good!

cheers KP and DM and all the skaters

2 Likes

Because nobody’s mentioned it yet - everyone in this slams like absolute fucking monsters. Some of them are absolutely nasty; Sam Murgatroyd in particular took an absolute beating.

2 Likes

I would like to see the same video in Liverpool, Manc, Brum, Bristol, Glasgow, Cardiff, Newcastle, Leeds, etc…etc…

Maybe a collab with the local skate shops in those cities or something. Just thinking out loud :smiley:

I’m going to keep notes on this as I watch it of the bits that stand out as I can already tell
I’m going to forget some by the end of this beast.

• charlie munro rolling up nollie down the curb is spectacular
  • nollie 180 5050 180 out! spinebreaker
  • murgatroyd one foot to pivot fakie

chopchopmate can you start a new company please? Blueprint left such a hole

• I have no idea at any point what trick Jak is about to do, they just explode from his feet
  • Korhans switch flip back tail over the gap.
  • Fakie hard!
  • Manny Lopez is a different breed, I’ve looked at that gold rail at liverpool street a few times waiting for the airport coach and at no point did I ever think it was possible.
  • lintells poised front crook

lintell, lintell, lintell.

well done all involved, spectacular work.

9 Likes

Loved it, was expecting something a bit arty, got a full on hammers assault. Love the street people bits too.

Yes niall.

Come on Magee lets see a new company!

EDIT: Usually against new companies.

absolutley normally against new companies too but this is a on different level.

2 Likes

One of the best I’ve seen, not a hint of forcing it.

1 Like

That stood out for me - I think he had a little Gino style nollie off the curb ride away too. Easy to forget how good his section is after the onslaught that follows!

Just watched it once yesterday, but yeah, same as everybody else, great work all round. Stoked to see so many new, or just non-obvious spots around the city. And Harry Lintell, wow. That 360 flip.

So many bangers, it’s like the old Blueprint vids, you have to watch it 20 times to even know what your favorite tricks are.
Korahn’s switch backside 180 over that bar in Covent Garden, holy shit.
Really liking Jak’s switch bigspin nosemanual 180 out. And every trick in Korahn’s section and every trick in Lintell’s too. Haha.
Amazing skating, amazing editing.

4 Likes

Deffo a stand out for me too.
So fucking hard

1 Like

absolutely fucking bonkers move

Just watched his section again twice while having my first cuppa.
On the verge of writing Do one bruv on my griptape. Haha.

3 Likes

You missed one…

Skinny man - Smoking Ban instrumental
Intro to Lintels section…abd by me on a Birmingham section
from a few years back.

1 Like

Or writing “The gulliest grime there is”

1 Like

So Good. Just got round to watching it.

Just watched it again. So fucking good. Korahn’s section and music is paired perfectly. Songs been in my head since first watching the video.

2 Likes

I listened to the songs Munro and Jak skate to at least 20 times since I first watched the video. Shit like that never happens these days!

looool Kelly Hart watching Cover Version commentry -

about an hour and 10 minutes in