Covid

I just went on the site to see what they said

1 Like

Log into where, is there a central vaccinations app where you register, or just at your GP?

As far as I know my GP just says “don’t contact us about covid/vaccines.” So I’ve just been waiting

Ill message you it

1 Like

Hell yeah got mine booked, got a random text from my GP as I was talking to BDF!

Pfizer, next thursday. Woooo

3 Likes

Can you hook me up to with whatever secret vaccine place you know of? I’ve just been waiting for my local Microsoft store GP to contact me

4 Likes

A lot of places offer walk ins.

Haha, that’s exactly what I did, they just came through in the end. Not sure what age bracket you’re in but I’m 31 and got my invitation direct from my GP despite being too young to register through the NHS. Weird.

1 Like

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

This is the link I kept checking @Cereal_Mews

1 Like

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Even if the site above tells you that you’re not eligible you can still try calling 119 and get them to do it for you and you may get a different result, I did.

1 Like

Plenty of vaccines piling up over here lads. Shout out all the anti-vax crackpots and Scot Gov’s incredibly flawed rollout where vaccinations appointments are sent to you by letter. By a letter you don’t respond to.

1 Like

I love a bit of Bill Burr stand up, this from the other night about anti-vaxers was pretty funny…

8 Likes

Ah sick. Will do. Nice one!

1 Like

Can you get vaccinated if you’re not registered with a GP? I don’t think I’m registered with anyone anymore.

Yeah should be fine if youve got your details

Not good.

1 Like

You may have to wait for a while if your medical records are with the health authority rather than a GP practice. That’s if my experience is anything to go by.

I tried on numerous occasions to book my test online. The site said it was unable to find my records. When my age cohort was eligible for vaccination I expected to have my blue letter or a text come through. Neither arrived. I called my GP practice to find out why that was and when I could expect notification of eligibility. They told me that I was no longer registered with their practice. I think what happened was they must have, at some point, sent correspondence by mail to other house and that mail was returned as undelivered for some reason. Due to being in good health I haven’t been in contact with my surgery for years and they, after some time, assumed I had moved away, (which I sort of had in a way), and took me off their books without trying very hard to contact me. They told me to contact my local vaccination centre or 119. The local vaccination centre was not accepting calls and was unable to speak to anyone. I called 119 and they couldn’t find my records either. My records had been returned to the local health authority.

In order for me to be able to book a test my records needed to be available and so I was told I’d have to register with a GP, they would then have to get my records back from wherever they were being kept and get them on ‘the system’, and then the vaccination booking service could access them and make an appointment. That whole process could take 10-12 weeks.

I contacted my (old) GP by email and asked to be be taken back on only to find that they had redrawn their catchment boundaries and that I, as a ‘new patient’, was no longer entitled to register with them. I ended up emailing my GP personally and pleaded my case, and thankfully was taken back on. I kept trying the online NHS booking site to no avail - it kept giving me the ‘we can’t find your records’ to begin with then changed to telling me I wasn’t eligible - and so I called 119. They went through the booking process for me and that time it worked. I had both vaccinations booked straight off. Happy days.

That might not be how it always works, (or doesn’t work), but that’s the hassle I had trying to get it done and all because I wasn’t registered with a GP. Without having to have a COVID jab I would never have known I wasn’t registered any longer and I don’t know how long I would have carried on before discovering the fact.

1 Like

30+ can book your vaccine. Got my first dose tomorrow.

1 Like

Same. Getting myself a Five Guys as a treat for being brave

2 Likes

Wish I could do the same, but the nearest us Newcastle. Might have to be coffee and a donut on the way home

Ive intentionally booked to have mine so I can get one on the way home!