Covid

Scotland securing all top five places in the chart of European Covid hotspots, and 11 out of the top 20. Fuck’s sake.

They’re talking about dong a firebreak here in October, turning the half-term into two weeks, because kids have been at school far too much since covid started! Nothing concrete yet though, just whispers.

I caught something on the news (R4) earlier this week where the Government had said this wasn’t happening.

So it definitely is.

5 Likes

What are the scientists advising? Usually they’ll just do the opposite of that.

3 Likes

I missed that bit.

Too busy shouting “So it definitely is!”

#meldrew

1 Like

Good times.

Cancer clinics here are shutting for three weeks so the staff can be used elsewhere. Just like how it was when things were ‘bad’.

My hairdresser was telling me about a customer that the other woman does. He wears a mask when he’s in there, but he’s an anti-vaxxer. Full on, Facebook anti-vaxxer, sharing crackpot videos and calling everybody sheep, saying it’s the government trying to control and track us (and posting that on Facebook, naturally), all that stuff. Him and his missus.

Then he posts a picture of himself in hospital with tubes coming out his face. Caught Covid (obviously) and had to get a fucking ambulance to hospital in the end because he wasn’t accepting that it was Covid. His missus got it too and now has permanent scars on her lungs and will need hospital checks every few months for the rest of her life.

4 Likes

What a twat. He refused to say it was Covid?

Sorry, explained that badly. He changed his tune when he was in hospital, and was all, “Oops, turns out this is very real”, but when he had it he convinced himself that it wasn’t Covid until his missus called an ambulance for him. Then she got it really badly a couple of days later. Can’t get the first jab until four weeks after the last sign of it has gone, too. So he’s gonna have to wait a while for that anyway.

Surely some kind of lockdown or serious change in guidance can’t be too far away?

Vaccine passports, which will only be spot-checked when you go to a gig/festival/match. Proper bullshit.

Boris and Sajid Javid are leading England down a dangerous path, no covid passports now, no PCR covid tests for people traveling and Boris is going to revoke the lockdown laws by all accounts, so we can’t have any again. It’ll be interesting to see what the new protests will be about now at least?

Boris ‘I don’t care if their bodies are piled high in the streets’ Johnson.

2 Likes

Had a beer with a friend yday who’d been to visit his son in Canada - went via Frankfurt so loads of checks, PCR tests, producing of vax proof etc at all stages of the journey apart from when landing back in the UK - glance at passport & that was it.

1 Like

Sounds like another case for r/LeopardsAteMyFace

1 Like

So much /r/thathappened material around now too, with all the revelations of nurses whispering to people that the vaccine is bad.

6 Likes

Please pray? Needs a miracle. So they are religious? Didn’t Jesus want to Shepard the ‘sheep’? Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem because of the census, so the Roman Empire could keep track of the population.

It’s crazy people think that only in 2019 governments have suddenly thought ‘Maybe we should be keeping track of the population in some way?’ And a global pandemic was the best option. They should start with something a little easier like birth certificates from the day you’re born and go on from there as you get older in other ways, schooling, bank accounts and such…

6 Likes

You’d think it would be logical to these crackpots that god helped scientists come up with the vaccine, but no. Maybe they need a big beardy ghost to reach down and inject them with it himself.

If you believe in god then being anti-vax is probably, well, a no-brainer.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but i’ve definitely seen a lot of very vain gym goer types not wanting to get the vaccine. Is it because they believe they are superior and don’t need it? Fucking weird.

2 Likes

Their muscles will KICK THE FUCK out of any COVID germs mate. Protein shakes and HGH will protect them.

1 Like