Covid

Twice as many people having a half-as-bad virus still doesn’t stop it being something to worry about.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like Omicron is going to rip through the population like wildfire, hopefully it’s not as deadly as the other variants and fewer deaths but who knows in the long run? I’m not going too be British and oh so polite over Christmas and too embarrassed to say anything incase it causes a fuss, if you haven’t been vaccinated keep the fuck away from my door.

4 Likes

Was just reading that if you’re in London and you think you’ve got a cold then actually you’ve more than likely got this new improved covid.

They’ll probably be rescheduled to different days now, an Omicron win!

Might want to just hunker down if you can…

Shit :grimacing:

At Holyrood, Ms Sturgeon said she would have tightened hospitality rules further if she had financial support from the UK Treasury

…after her party - last week - slashed massive amounts of culture funding and allocated £350m to some independence campaign that’ll probably never happen anyway.

Some of those cuts:

That’s slightly unfair. Some people might be worried about issues such as fertility and certain long-term health conditions. It’s not constructive to smear these people as irrational. Most people have been vaccinated. In the select committee yesterday one of the medical directors of UKHSA suggested that only about 4 million have refused it outright on principle. I’d imagine that there are many who intend to get the vaccine once it’s been tested more.

I went into a shop before and a women, younger than me but not a teen or anything came in right behind me, she was bouncing about, in that you’re never quite sure if they’ve just had their first fix of the day or they are just a hyper person in general way. She proceeds to tell me how I don’t need to wear a mask in this shop as it’s the ‘rebellion shop!’ … too an awkward look from the shop keeper, I made some lame joke about how I was wearing the mask as I’d come in to rob the place but as there were now witnesses I couldn’t, which shut everyone up… paid for my stuff and left! Fuck wits everywhere.

4 Likes

Not sure anti-vaxxers are going to be the best at filling out feedback forms. How can they be so sure of this figure?

There are more than enough paranoid, delusional idiots refusing it to cancel out the amount of people who actually have genuine concerns, rooted in reality.

I’ve just tested positive. There must be 30-40 skaters who all got it on Saturday night :confounded:

Feels like a very mild cold. Hope it stays that way.

Hope you’re all good mate. Mine never got past that “mild cold” phase

1 Like

Oh dear, hopefully you’ll be okay and back out and about in 10 days and were looking forward to a chilled, quiet Christmas anyway?

Just rang my parents and told them not to come this weekend, apart from that hopefully it’s gonna be good timing. Depends if the rest of my family catch it off me!

2 Likes

Unfortunately it could be delayed. My wife and I were two weeks after my kids were even out of isolation

Yeah I’m prepared for that, we’ll see. Wife and eldest had covid a while back and me and the youngest didn’t get it. Seems like the new type is on another level of infectiousness though!

1 Like

Just burst out laughing watching this press conference when Whitty said:

‘We don’t know much but what we do know is bad’

6 Likes

They have penned themselves into a corner with this. Masks and WFH is about as far as they can go now.

Gunna start hunkering down I think.

5 Likes

I guess they could push vaccine passports on more places to get people that want a pint over Christmas and New Years to get the booster faster or vaccinated if they aren’t already?

Can you even get boosted faster? Booked mine yesterday and the earliest slot was the 7th of January.

1 Like