Covid

I mean, as a set of headlines it kind of screams Christmas is restricted/cancelled and lockdown in next 3 weeks doesn’t it unfortunately

2 Likes
3 Likes

Should have posted this here, oops.

Guy at my old work told me he’d heard from one of the Heineken bosses that they’re expecting lockdown from January 4th. Government can’t announce it, but they can suggest to certain types of producers that they might want to adjust their output from then.

You’d have thought i’d learn to write differently as none of you know what the fuck i’m saying and brand me an antivaxxer but it matters not, I know what I mean and i’ll continue to empty my drivel here out of routine.

3 Likes

Didn’t mean any offence I was just unsure what you were saying!

The commercial value of a cancer vaccine would be even higher than a Covid one surely? They wouldn’t be sneaking it out, they’d be shouting about it everywhere and selling it to the highest bidders.

A few seconds of Googling suggests that the rapid advances made developing Covid vaccines could lead to the development of cancer vaccines so maybe it comes from that?

TL Ddint Read, what?

Exactly :wink:

non taken

This is a great response to the argument some people seem to use that prioritising/diverting nhs care or GP services to covid or covid vaccinations etc will cause care to be taken away from things such as cancer/heart problems etc.

4 Likes

My local football stadium, Hampden, is to become a mass-vaccination centre! Great news.

Guessing they’ll start assembling it once the crowd of 50,000 for Sunday’s Celtic vs Hibs final have all left.

2 Likes

May as well do it in half time while theyre all standing about

1 Like

You’d have thought.

2 Likes

Football matches in England are getting postponed left, right and centre at the minute because of covid. Sturgeon seems pretty happy to get things locked down, so the match might have some tighter restrictions?

90k cases :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Nah, tighter restrictions will start from Monday. Can’t annoy the football fans. I’m sure they’ll be ‘encouraged’ to take a test before they go to the pub, get on the bus, go to another pub, go to the game, go to a pub, get on the bus, and go home again.

2 Likes

Relying solely on vaccinations and everyone getting their boosters is a bit eggs in one basket. Even if we all got them today it would still take ten days for them to become fully effective. By which point there could be a 32 fold increase in cases. Add on to that the Christmas period and the NHS is potentially up shit creek.

A policy of having no policy to deal with this and relying solely upon hinting at the populace that they should probably cut down on mixing with others, going to crowded places, you know the whole ‘use your common sense’ approach, isn’t going to work.

I think that there needs to be a firebreak period,( or whatever they were calling them), before the ‘all important ‘ Christmas holiday. Ideally starting last week. It’s fully Groundhog Day. Was nothing learned from last time? This Christmas seems to be going the same way. Just look at them not mandating mask wearing for a while, whilst, at the same time, banging on about how important it was, was a load of mixed message bollocks one would think would have been a lesson learned, no?

3 Likes

We would 100% be in lockdown or at least have one announced if it wasn’t Christmas. It’s another case of prioritising trying to stay popular amongst their selfish libertarian voter base that they’ve based most of their decisions on so far

9 Likes

Mandatory boosters there and then to get into the stadium would be worth a go

Wouldn’t fancy working at that.

1 Like

Good luck with that.