Covid

We’re in a different position than most other Euro countries. Most other countries have bigger areas of greenery, agriculture seperating cities and town, like an isolation buffer zone. Our countries population is more infested like varicous viens running rife. Much harder to contain something where everything is connected so closely.

1 Like

That pretty much sums it up from what I can tell. I’m not even sure if it’ll be seen as better or worse long term, just different and quite brave I suppose.

1 Like

Fantastic. Everyone in my town’s cold has now become a cough with lack of smell, people freaking out everywhere. Despite Cambridgeshire having some of the lowest numbers in the UK

1 Like

Also Sweden is the 160th most densely populated country in the world, and England is 16th.

3 Likes

Apparently we are on level 4 now. Did I sleep through when they explained the levels or a they making them up as they go along?

They explained them in March with a fancy colour chart, I think it was just before they imposed the lockdown and we were at 2 or something

Dont worry I know the level select code.

1 Like

Does it involve driving to test your eyes?

Up up down down left right rinse.

From what I have read, it was largely voluntary, rather than imposed by the state.
However it didn’t really protect the economy, with most measures saying their GDP took a similar hit to Denmark (who imposed quite an early lockdown).
Their death rate was significantly higher though, and they are nowhere near the 70% infection rate that would be required to start seeing the benefits of herd immunity.

Sweden has had 57 deaths per 100,000, compared with five in Norway and 11 in Denmark. (For the UK it is 70 and the US 50.)

that will accomplish precisely nothing

8 Likes

Yeah it’ll just mean more people drink faster and more people want kebabs at 10.30pm.

More curious about what this leads to. About to be announced in the nations too.

I don’t get it, covid only come out after 10pm or something?

1 Like

They think that because people are drunker later on, that people will drink less because they have to go home earlier.

Like last orders doesn’t make you want more booze anyway.

They’ve done that in some other countries though right? Not sure if it’s been successful.

Comparing the UK’s drinking culture, or approach to health, to another country is pointless.

4 Likes

Boris addressing the country at 8pm, after stock markets close, no reporters

I’m gonna go with stringent social rules but restaurants and schools still open

I don’t think most people will get exactly as wasted by 10 as they would have done by usual closing time. But some of them will probably ignore the rules and carry on round at someone’s house instead. I guess it’ll still have some effect.

You’re probably right there.