Covid

U-turn on working from home then.

In Ireland right now, there’s a minimum spend of €9 per head on food before they serve booze, and then there’s leave your name, number, etc and you’re only allowed stay for 90mins - 2 hours - however, these measures aren’t always enforced. Pubs that don’t serve food don’t open - one of the busiest in my part of town has remained firmly shut since March as they have no food/restaurant.

Saying that, the latest government restrictions for Dublin only have turfed all the customers out of the restaurants to eat al fresco, which is fine in June, not this time of year and then that assumes every restaurant can seat people outside. Fucked up situation.

Well it was cancelled! Mad thing at the time was the 6 Nations game against Italy was in Dublin the week before, which was cancelled, but 25000 Italians still bowled over for shits and giggles, quickly followed by Cheltenham… All done with now, but the amount of mixed messages these days is just bonkers.

2 Likes

New restrictions in place for six months.

Can we cancel day light savings hours then if everyone has to stay home? No clocks going back in October! Have a bit of light later in the day, haha.

8 Likes

Yes please.

1 Like

Can we cancel Brexit too? Gonna be a rough six months.

2 Likes

If anybody fancies a bit of a change, the Scottish Government are looking for a CMO…

https://g.co/kgs/9rZfpB

Good luck to whoever wants that one.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mattgarrahan/status/1308413421843615752?s=21

He needs to resign.

5 Likes

There’s a government advert for flu jabs on Facebook, the comment section is the most depressing thing ever. Bill Gates, antivax, 5G, flu jabs causing pneumonia, trust in your immune system it can heal ANYTHING, the Creator made you the way you are etc etc etc.

We are fucked

8 Likes

I don’t doubt the U.K. population’s stupidity but I do wonder how many of those comments are from real accounts. Often see a lot of bot activity and trolls on government/political posts.

Yes, people are really that stupid. If they weren’t before, then boredom and people like Ian Brown have pushed them over the stupid-edge.

2 Likes

Probably an office block of minimum wage uni students in Russia spending all day setting up accounts and posting.

3 Likes

Totally, Twitter is fucked, compromised. Abandon.

Was in the cinema earlier. A group of 8 people came in and sat In the row directly behind me (no one else was in there), despite social distancing booking rules and none of them were wearing masks.

Obviously I moved seats but it just pissed me off that people are so wilfully selfish. I just felt paranoid the whole film. Then walking out past all the restaurants, it felt like 75% of people were not wearing masks.

This thing is just never going to end

3 Likes

Nark on the Cinema

Until Police are out giving on the spot fines the anti masker cunts will not give up their “human rights”.

Surely it’s just best for everything to be remote than do that.

1 Like

I never understand why people are getting annoyed about others not wearing masks in restaurants, is there a new way to eat food that doesn’t involve using your mouth? Are people injecting food into themselves now? I mean a restaurant is the one place I’d expect to see people needing to take their face masks off?

On the Uni stories, fuck me Boris has literally got us out of the frying pan so we can jump into the fire!

2 Likes

This is never going to happen. Unis don’t have powers or resources to physically prevent tens of thousands of students from leaving the campus and getting picked up by mum and dad down the road or just jump on a train. It’s not fucking house arrest. It would have to be on the threat of expulsion which no ones going to do when one of your main targets is student satisfaction.

1 Like