Covid

By telling people that they can’t see their family at Christmas you are alienating every single person in the country, not just one group or another. That’s not good politics. Also given the history of the people in charge, a fair few of them are going to mess up and get caught seeing family I’d imagine, leaving the locked down masses baying for blood. I can see why they’d opt for lock down immunity for a few days over Christmas.
Plus Christmas is not a great time for some peoples mental health, so maybe a little respite might be good? Maybe? It’s not like pubs are going to be open for NYE, ect.

2 Likes

You might be right there, not a good time at all at the best of times for certain people but then perhaps no different to the rest of the year considering they’ll be no NYE parties etc as you say. As I say though, I’d hate to be making the decisions as you’re pretty much damned either way.

1 Like

Christ, the house party bedlam we’re going to see for NYE…

1 Like

So we sort of have a vaccine that could be out by the end of the year?

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen there are as many white dreads, yoga mums and well-paid arty middle class working from home tossers as there are ‘gammons’.
Like @anon83623327 I’m astounded by some of the bullshit I’ve seen people I know posting on Insta about ‘freedom’ and ‘tyranny’ whilst sitting inside their big houses away from major cities.
:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Yeah lump those kooks in with the gammons.

They’ll happily snort ketamine and mephedrone but won’t help save lives.

2 Likes

Between the vaccine and Biden the stockmarkets have gone nuts

First positive case at my daughters school today. One of the teachers from year 4 so a different bubble so we don’t have to isolate luckily

Wow, this actually seems like a good idea!

Fill those students with all the micro chips.

Which I obviously mean these…
images

10 Likes

those were such a gyp. got like 7 chips per box if that

3 Likes

The chips and the cardboard were pretty indistinguishable after 60 seconds at 800W.

6 Likes

Do they still make those? The pizzas were just as ridiculous.

I’ve always been more of a Chicago Town Pizza man. I love those things so much.

1 Like

Goodfellas pizzas on the other hand, give one of those to a real goodfella and you’re gonna get wacked.

4 Likes

Yeah Goodfellas pizzas are rubbish. Chicago Town microwave pizzas are the bomb though. I like Dr Oetker oven ones too, corner shop near me does them for 2 quid.

dr .oetker ones are a guilty pleasure for sure. consistency and taste of cardboard yet surprisingly satisfying

The secret is a little sprinkle of chilli powder before you cook it :wink:

2 Likes

Franks hot.