Covid

Any MJ docu has to be taken with a pinch of salt, you can’ underestimate greed and fame but the evidence against him is staggering, not something an artist could get away with nowadays, however predatory or innocent you choose to see situations.

Yeah that’s the real meaning I just like to use it when something is done for me.

I’m sure there was an element of “blind eye” towards MJ at the time purely because people were making serious money off the back of him.

The story about him fucking over Paul McCartney to buy The Beatles music rights shows he is not this ‘little child like lost soul in a world full of big meanies’ that he tries to portray by any means. Ruthless business man.

1 Like

No, Tim Booth is cancelled. He’s practically a mime artist.

2 Likes

Just had a look - Lost Prophets are still on Spotify. Damn.

Other band mates still want to be paid I guess.
Imagine the quandary of being a Lost Prophets fan.

1 Like

I still play the Human League cover of Rock and Roll Part Two occasionally. I listen to Ike and Tina a lot.

1 Like

There was a woman on one of those tattoo shows or had a lost prophets tattoo looking to get it lasered off

1 Like

I’d find it hard to believe that the other band members had no idea of his behaviour

2 Likes

Or Fearn Cotton.

2 Likes

I can believe Fearne Cotton has no clue what is going on at any given moment…

1 Like

I guess it’s like us not knowing what our work colleagues get up to in their own time.

I would imagine you’d have your suspicions spending all that time together as a band, on tour, hotel rooms etc, but if the other person was careful I guess they could get away with it.
Didn’t he get caught cos he asked his girlfriend to do something horrendous?

Similar-ish, though not quite the same extent, with bands like Brand New and Hookworms (bands I still listen to on occasion, so there’s that art/artist argument again).

Think texts on his phone or something. Quick read and there were many allegations him before he was caught.

It’s the Mums of the kids he did stuff with, they get sent to prison as well.

Not for Wales, pubs and restaurants have to shut at 6pm and are banned from selling alcohol from Friday.

Pubs not allowed to serve alcohol?? I’m sure they can survive on panda pop and crisps sales!

Well that explains this… :smiley:

Pub regulars suddenly massive fans of Scotch Eggs (suffolkgazette.com)

1 Like

JFC this guy, what an absolute spanner. I can’t believe people actually phone up national radio and spout this stuff. How do you get yourself into a state like this?

1 Like

That was a great listen today . They really are hitting a brick wall when speaking to O’Brien . And look complete twats especially the one who phoned in for the second time

1 Like

i can’t listen to Maajid. no matter what people phone up about he just talks over them, it’s unlistenable and just makes me angry

1 Like