Crossword Thread

Will someone hurry up and get 13/15 because I can’t fucking figure it out and it’s really affecting my productivity

1 Like

Jesus, I know that Rover is a dog’s name. I was wondering where that fitted in to ‘Bristol Cities’, but it doesn’t.

This is a fast-moving thread.

1 Like

I can give you good letters for it:

_ _ U _ H _ | B _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ W _ | S _ _ _ _ _ _

something something two something? dunno.

1 Like

Thanks but that’s really not helped at all, haha

is it caught between two…something

It’s caught between two stools!!! yessss

1 Like

There is no way I would ever have got that. Miles off.

OK got these left. Need to check my work on some (e.g. Oil for 23/26. Can’t think what this is but it must be something oil. Also 16a rat. I think this must be right but there’s a lot going on in that clue for a small word.)

Yes I printed it out. What of it :grinning:

Edit: Well now I know the name of the only English pope. I wrote it in and then looked it up. Thanks for the knowledge viz!

9 across seems to be face powder but I cant break the clue down as to why. Maybe it’s not face but it’s definitely powder.

2 Likes

Think rat is correct an anagram of art,

22 across has got to be something bum - I want to say tennis bum but I don/t think that’s a thing…

8/24 across I reckon 24 is gonna be hello and then the last two letters of 8 across be O and T making Othello but can’t figure out the first letter of the 3 letter word to go on the start of that…

Rot for 8 across I think

Actually 1 down has got to be something chop

I was thinking it might be oat because it’s the top letters of ‘on art teacher’

Oats must be a type of grass.

https://twitter.com/VProfanisaurus/status/699692310733459457?s=19

It must be tennis bum? I’m not sure if it’s a thing either but what else can it be? Lazy fucker must mean bum as well.

Edit. Solved I think.

Milf oil is dubious and I didn’t know churns meant tits in viz language.

I love these craptics.

LOL:

I just made my mum Google this

5 Likes

Your mum’s name on your phone is an anagram of ‘Bum mom’.

Do I win £5?

2 Likes

Les, can you please make a copy of the crossword spreadsheet in Google Sheets going forward so that we can properly crowdsolve? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

“You make sure you’re wrapped up warm and learning lots of new swear words now.”

2 Likes

ah every day is a learning day…,I was just stoked on Mid loaf crisis, I was baby-sitting today, I mean parenting …(. my daughter turned 2 in August ) its quite nice to try and concentrate on something else , is that just me ? am I making sense ? Ami I in the wrong thread ?

1 Like

£50/26 is £1.92 you cheeky fuck. A fiver for one anagram.

Yes. I can only see this going well.

1 Like