Dougie george iPhone turkiye advert

@sk8arrog8 already posted in pointless topics but felt worthy of its own thread.

I can directly attribute Bart Simpson as the reason I wanted to buy a skateboard.
The Tony Hawk games, back to the future and police academy have all had the same impact on different generations.
This advert won’t be as long standing as those but in less than 24 hours the YouTube video has 2.2 million views and I assume this is playing on Turkish TV stations and probably as advertising on YouTube (before you video starts) if you’re in turkiye.

I don’t have a question to launch a debate, I just think it’s pretty cool.
It’s like the BBC ident on strong, uncut coke (which also probably factored into me wanting to start skating- and now I think about it, might be why Franklin stephens is my favourite UK pro, 20 odd years later)

11 Likes

Ha that was actually pretty fucking sick !

None of the usual glossy clean sterile insta shit on a background of a random architectural landscape or Olympic based “team” scene .

Dougie rules and that was a funny edit.

Good that. Definitely directed or assisted by a skateboarder.

1 Like

Here’s some BTS:

1 Like

I think Dan Magee worked on it.

3 Likes

Yep, Magee.

3 Likes

Should they have used a Turkish skater? Been a big discussion about representation in the media as of late, and I wonder if the filmmakers considered it. Probably doesn’t matter in this case.

are turkish people underrepresented in turkish tv adverts?

2 Likes

Wicked.

I have no idea. Maybe they get a lot of Western ads? I imagine Turkish skateboarders are anyway.

He’s got dark hair, what more do you want? ( joke )

2 Likes

#IronicWarwick

1 Like

“Fucking English skateboarders. Coming over here and stealing our acting jobs.”

1 Like

I might ask my Turkish neighbour when I see him :man_shrugging:

2 Likes