Easy way to help the forum (edit: now not working)

****Edit: The temporary account we’d been granted has now been withdrawn as forums are not permitted as Amazon affiliate sites, apparently. **

So don’t bother doing the below:

If you’re buying anything from Amazon you can help the forum by making a referral link, clicking on it and adding the product to your basket from there before you purchase.

How do I do that?

1. Copy the url of the product(s) you’re going to buy, one by one (or if you can’t be bothered, the most expensive one) as a reply to this thread. (eg: Amazon.co.uk)
  2. The forum will automatically add our referrer code to the url AFTER you click ‘Reply’
  3. Click on your link AFTER you hit ‘Reply’
  4. Buy your product. Depending on the product, we will earn an affiliate fee, and it won’t cost you a penny.

How much does the forum make?
Anywhere between 1.5% to 7% of the total cost of the item

What will it cost me?
Nothing. You will pay the same price to Amazon whether you use our referral code or not.

What if I have a load of different products to add? Do I add each one separately?
If possible, yes, but if you can’t be bothered just add the most expensive item, every little helps.

What if I want to buy something embarrassing and want to stay anonymous?
You can either:

• Add ?tag=ukskateforum-21 to the end of the product link, click it and make your purchase. You don’t need to reply to this thread or even come onto this forum.
  • PM me with the link and I will reply to you with link and promise discretion
  • Or there’s a possiblity I could enable an anonymous mode and you can add links easy from there.

Can I use a generic link with referral code to Amazon?
If you can’t be arsed at all, click through any Amazon link on this forum or here:

Amazon generic link

…and we should earn a referral fee. Cheers.

Is this clear? Let me know if not.

Following reply is an example of what a link would look like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kabalo-Stability-Cushion-Balance-Included/dp/B00VPMRV9U/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=balance+cushion&qid=1554727421&s=gateway&sr=8-7

PS the balance cushion above is really good, took one on holiday rolled up instead of one of those massive 50cm wood balance boards.

i got one of them under me arse right now.

A bit of column A, bit of column B.

just bought something (a stand mixer beater lol (kitchenaid mind)) and added the url at the end.
where can you see if it worked or not.

Amazing. I can see on my affiliate dashboard but can’t see that purchase yet. I haven’t been able to test it so far so this one will be the guinea pig…

Yep, it came through. Forum earned 24p from that. Every little helps.

sweet!

Aaaaand, for some reason have just been kicked out of the amazon affiliate program. Apparently forums are not allowed… That’s the end of that revenue stream then.