Epicly Later'd

Am I the only one thinking that that first shoe Nike wanted to be his pro shoe looked better than his actual pro shoe?

This episode was quite boring right?

5 Likes

I really liked that Savier pro shoe sample they showed.

I was into the Nike Janoski at the time but I’m not sure I’d get a pair now.

No Staba this time? Weird they’d drag him out for the Nuge episode, about not getting on a team then make him a no show about sponsoring Mr Shoe on his shoe company!?

1 Like

Maybe they realised no one wanted to hear from Staba again? Can’t say I do too much.

Just a bit suspect by his absence in this one. I still feel like there was more to the Nuge story so he had to make an appearance.

Yes you are, I thought the first design looked awful and boring.

I’ve never actually skated or worn a Janoski as not my thing but they’re a good looking shoe.

1 Like

It was boring but looked like a skate shoe, something that would do the job.
I always thought Janoski’s shoe looked very bourgeois.

Got half way through - shoe business.
Gotta wonder whether nike invested in this episode.
Seems like a nice dude though but meh

5 Likes

Most things nowadays seem to be people just wanting to remind us that they did something, something they deem remembering even though they have been absent for many years since.

Contemplates Simple Minds

wtf was Burnett on about at the end?!

1 Like

I liked how they spelt Beebel

Not sure. That was pretty weird indeed.

Didn’t seem aimed at anyone. Just rich miserable people in general.

1 Like

Making an episode so heavily built around hinting about how rich he is with out giving any info about how much it might be, seems like a massive troll on the viewer.

I’d only expect to know how much he was making until he’d parted ways with Nike, I remember rumours about how much they paid P-Rod but I don’t think it officially came out. Talking of P-Rod, I’m not surprised he conceded in this that he left all the designing to designers, it explains how he pretty much only had one decent model come out.

2 Likes

Enough to see his porcelain manicure artist every week apparently.

This isn’t very surprising to me. Epicly Later’d never went that deep into things, plus money has always been a big taboo in skateboarding, especially since the big corporations got in.

Yeah just don’t talk about it then. Easy really. Concentrate on his skate career, with a slight mention of having a successful shoe.

“He’s rich!”

“Oh, Ive heard he’s rich!”

“Oh he is living the rich dream…”

“Money can give you happiness…”

Yeah but he didn’t even really have a career, did he? He was a rookie, turned pro and basically stopped producing footage as soon as he got the Golden Ticket ahem that shoe. We’ve pretty much seen the same switch slappy crooks clip once a year for over a decade and nothing else. Maybe a tre flip every other leap year. Fuck, I mean Gino probably filmed more shit than him since 2010.

I always thought he would have had a much more interesting career skate-wise if he hadn’t gotten that shoe.

1 Like

Not sure you can really play the milking it card with him as he’s just had so many parts, his three for Habitat are utter classics. If anything I think people are just distracted by the shoe.

1 Like