Film Thread

Sing 2 at the cinema with the kids. was kinda funny, didn’t want to like it but…

1 Like

Sing is great. Sing 2 is okay…but Sing is great.

I watched Beyond The Black Rainbow over the weekend. Utterly nuts. Amazing visually, although a very simple story. Definitely something you need to sit and let soak in just so you feel like you are on some mad drug induced trip, too.

2 Likes

Revisited Darkman at the weekend - bonkers, cheesy and Liam Neeson/Frances McDormand before big films came calling. Laughed most of the way through and the wife took the piss

Tried “The Kings Man” - re-writing the history of WW1 to suit your narrative leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, but for escapism it’s alright, and at least not Elton John in this one

1 Like

Absolutely loved Sing.

Zootropolis gets a constant rotation in my house which I also really like.

2 Likes

Yes such a sick film!!!

It’s called Zootopia in the US. That blew my daughters mind. ha ha.

She has a Sing playlist, but all the original artists. I think thats a pretty sick outcome…little kids with knowledge of rad artists. And Elton.

2 Likes

new Jordan Peele. eek

The new Texas Chainsaw on Netflix is one of the worst films, horror or otherwise, I’ve ever seen. Rubbish

1 Like

Random film choice of the weekend was Disturbing the Peace on Amazon Prime. Guy Pearce, so I thought “he’s a solid actor, might be alright”

It was not - worst film I may have seen in a long time

I should have done my usual IMDB check first, lesson learned: Disturbing the Peace (2020) - IMDb

Just watched the new Batman film and fuck me it’s good, really really good. Actually better than the Nolan films .
Pattison is fucking great , really good character as well as Collin Farrell who I didn’t even know it was him till the credits .

So glad it’s a good film and not another fuck up .

Well this has shocked me

It’s dark, gritty, doesn’t focus on all the bond style gadgets and tech of previous films. It’s much more noir and detective based . The riddler is great and not a stupid green leotard in sight , he’s a twisted fuck.

2 Likes

I do love a bit of noir. Will have to give it a go

Another “dark” batman film. Gosh. Bringing back batman as a camp fat bloke, now that would be edgy

2 Likes

The Lost Daughter was brilliant. A must watch for all the parents. Plus Maggie Gyllenhaal is a boss, as is Olivia Colman… as is Jessie Buckley.

2 Likes

Reboot, origin story etc, Trigger as the Joker, Boicey as the Penguin… Marlene as Catwoman

3 Likes

Uncle Albert as Alfred.

3 Likes

Trigger as the riddler …this is my broom…

1 Like