Football Thread

Hope not true. Was a shithouse anyway.

I was sceptical when we signed Jota (which’ll upset Brewer, I’m sure!) but he’s playing fucking unbelievably. Both his goals tonight are properly, properly world class. I love Firmino and think people write him off too easily, but I’m not upset his place has been usurped at the moment in favour of Diogo.

3 Likes

Jota is one of those who just fits the team’s playing style perfectly, what a signing.

1 Like

Jesus for City goal just now was needed and very good.

New Torres guy is good.
Been playing up front until Jesus came on.
He scored, a couple of near misses, and then has been playing in his natural winger role and been amazing at that.

Great player with a high ceiling with his potential. But at least at wolves one negative was he was a confidence player. In the form he’s in now his confidence will be sky high and he’ll keep banging then in. But he almost try’s to hard when things aren’t working out. Hope he keeps doing well, could be a hell of a signing!

Olympiacos are Cancelo’d.

3 Likes

Also worth mentioning… Jota has scored 3 hattricks in last 8 European games. 2 for Wolves last season in Europa and 1 tonight for Liverpool in CL. Loves playing on Europe.

4 Likes

That’s fucked so 9 in 8, did he score in anymore.

Can’t remember off the top of my head, don’t think so, but once he scored in Europe he would end up banging them in the league too.

Jota you say? Any excuse.

6 Likes

He was a nobody until he met me lol

4 Likes

Mint

Genuinely expected Atalanta to beat LFC last night 1-0 or 2-1, so the 0-5 was a pleasant surprise. Atalanta’s defence was pretty ropey though, poorly organised and not really paying attention.

Didn’t expect RB Salzburg to concede 6 to Bayern, same with Shaktar Dontesk vs Borussia Monchengladbach - not a good day for home sides in the CL it would seem.

1 Like

No crowds huge factor surely.

2-3 hour plane journeys for LFC and 'Gladbach, transfers, etc. should mean they’re a little more tired. But yes, of course, there’s the lack of home support too. Not that it stopped Villa pissing on Klopp’s chips a few weeks ago.

1 Like

There was at this one.

The second Jota goal was outrageous.

Hahaha United wtf

1 Like

saying nothing

5 Likes

I’m sorry @voodoo really, with this line-up.

Demba Ba scored as well!