Football Thread

it might be a nice touch if we won it, Brexit and Eurovision and all that… we’re not all bad

lets start with the euros! this time next year rodney

2 Likes

Need to play Grealish and Foden and see what happens, Mount looked a little shook tonight, surrogate City fan tonight with in-law ties.

Commenters shitting themselves over our squad for the Euros, that’s great but Brazil ‘98 was insane, didn’t win.

Personally I think this squad is better than the Golden Generation which was essentially certain people in their prime and others not. Rooney too young, shit keepers, Terry, Ferdinand amazing, but no real match winners essentially. Can you imagine an Ashley Cole paying in today’s formation just ranking it up the left more people slotting in behind to cover.

Scholes got better after retiring from England duty. Vardy should be there, he’s another Crouch different dimension, not sure how DCL and Olly Watkins will do as back ups.

Reece James / Kyle Walker debate got v interesting tonight.

So … who losing their spot at the Euros at RB

Kyle Walker
Reece James
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Kieran Trippier

Surely only gunna take 2.

1 Like

I’d still have Trippier as first choice RB, he was superb in the last tournament, has set piece ability and is in good form for a title winning side, even if Scholes says it’s a ‘poor league’ :woozy_face:

1 Like

Clearly I must be missing something. Champions league final was denied a move to the UK because our government said football officials would need to quarantine if they travelled here. How is euro’s going to work then? Group stages held in locations, then teams travel to a new location for next round and isolate for two weeks and so on and so on?

1 Like

Looks like Lingard will miss out on the Euros. I feel this is a bit of a shame. He seemed like he put in a lot of work during his spell at West Ham and was in really good form, whereas Grealish and Sancho have been injured for large parts of the season.

Lingard had about a month and went missing at the end of the season even without an injury

Greenwood has pulled out of the England squad with an underlying injury he needs to get sorted too.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 17.06.39

England are the favourites going in to a tournament for the first time ever?

Surely France are.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 17.27.19

Lol Rashford. Obama picking the England squad now

Maguire, Henderson, both coming back from injuries this week right?

Grealish has played about 200 minutes since being out for almost two months

Southgate is such a chancer

Man so many right backs. TAA hasn’t had a great season but that’s probably Liverpools fault for generally being a bit shit. When they had VVD he could get forward a lot more. TAA is a shit defender

Welsh or Scotland fan, huh? Haha…

Wales!

So whats your amazing team line up then? Haha…

1 Like

Ancelotti of Everton. On Real Madrid

4 Likes

Wow, that’s nuts!

Trent will play midfield.

Fucking Carlo.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

2 Likes

4 Right Backs, Gareth? That’s insane.

7 Likes