- Don’t act like an idiot
- Accept it if you’ve been called out by another user or mod
- Correct any unacceptable behaviour
How do I know if my behaviour/language is acceptable?
- Someone will probably call you out openly in the thread
- Someone might flag your post as being offensive, inappropriate or spam (mods will be alerted)
- If multiple people flag your post you will automatically be ‘silenced’ (mods will be alerted, you will be unable to post, but able to PM a mod)
- A mod will PM you privately asking you to amend your post
What defines ‘acceptable behaviour/language’?
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum
- Sexism, racism, hate speech, none of that is very nice
How do I amend my wicked ways?
- Edit your post and apologise to those concerned.
What will happen if I do nothing after being called out/flagged by another user?
- A mod will reply to the post in question and specifically request you amend it
- If after 4 hours nothing is done, a mod will PM you personally requesting you amend it. The PM will clearly be marked as an official warning
- If after 4 hours nothing is done, a mod will ‘silence’ you and you will be unable to post. But you will be able to PM the mods
- You will remain ‘silenced’ until the offending post has been satisfactorily resolved. Once you correct it, PM the mods, they will check you’ve resolved the issue and unsilnce your account.
Yes, you can still re-sign up to the forum under a different username if you want to be difficult, but then the mods will probably end up banning you.
Play nicely with the other children.