Gift ideas

Too early? Too late?

Anyway, I was thinking this morning as I made my coffee that the flask I have is my go to gift for a non personal not that expensive gift for someone. I remember these threads existing in years gone by so maybe worth a go again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanley-Classic-One-Handed-Vacuum-Mug-Flask/322738292464?epid=1528685702&hash=item4b24b386f0:m:mivYz1ZgtVTj1K_YXRgH3pA

keeps things hot/cold for ages, can drop it off high places and it will survive (tested) and can take it apart full to clean all the muck out. £25ish online in the usual places.

anyone else?

1 Like

Fortnum and Mason hampers and Fortnum and Mason tree decorations. I buy them as gifts for work clients/employees whatever. I must have spent thousands on them over the years.

I got a big family here so Christmas can be expensive. What we normally do is all put our names into a hat and one person has to secret santa another person up to value of say 50 €. Keeps things nice and easy and no multiple present nightmare scenarios.

Also I got a running list of crap I want in Google Sheets so if anyone wants to buy me anything I just give them that to choose from, I hate receiving unwanted shit as gifts. Especially artwork, like yeah ok why would I want something YOU like on MY fucking wall?

1 Like

I’m getting married next year and we’re going to tell people if they absolutely must get us a gift to get us a bag of logs for the fire. We live on a houseboat and don’t need anymore shit to take up space that wont keep us warm.

1 Like

Still figuring out Christmas in my kind of new life.
I used to just stay out of the way and people would leave their main family Christmas to come chill and maybe even just go for a skate.
Now I’m in a family, it’s hectic.
My bro had his first kid 1yr ago on 2nd of Dec, my sister’s is the 5th, my youngest is the 9th, my Dad is the 14th, then Christmas and then my eldest is the 17th Jan.
I think this is punishment for having avoided the entire season in my previous life.
I’ve no clue about what they want, mostly, but I’m going to have to get myself well organised for this part of the year in future.
Slip in a family issue and an election and I’m completely burnt out.

Don’t have any family on my side and I don’t sit with people at work so I get to avoid much of it, thankfully.

1 Like

Thought I’d give this a bump… anyone stuck? Or anyone got the best idea for a Christmas gift?

1 Like

Wife asked me what I want this year. Gave her these options:

Socks
Aftershave
New wash bag
Toothbrush
New kitchen bin

That list made me feel old.

7 Likes

Spent all my money on my son and sister. Getting a day out for my step-dad.

Everyone else can do one

3 Likes

England flag bunting for the car.

5 Likes

Yeah,the kids come first obviously but my sister has been a massive help to me this year so I’m still looking for something really nice for her. I also love to give my Dad something to open that. isn’t socks or hankies (that’s all I remember him getting growing up) and something my Mum wouldn’t expect too.

1 Like

Best presents I’ve had have been Lego Starfighters. Oh, and nowadays am stoked on socks ha.

I’m getting some Irish for the 6 nations starting in Feb, then I think I need some Scottish and we can both fly our English ones on the 25th :wink:

1 Like

This. I treated myself to a pretty snazzy electric toothbrush last year and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever owned.

Socks are must, too.

Finally dropped some money on a record player as a gift for myself. I’ve got a fair few vinyl but never actually owned a player.

Went for this one as it’s and all-in-one job, can’t wait for it to arrive tomorrow and then spunk a shit load of money on more records.

would really like to know how it is when you get it, I’ve been meaning to sort something out for a while and I really don’t need anything fancy so hesitant to spend big bucks on one.

1 Like

I’ll report back asap.

These are banging stocking fillers:

Chocolate Bomb

You drop the ball into hot milk and as it melts away, it makes hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. got a couple for my daughter.

7 Likes

Im stoked on new socks. I got recruited into a knitting group at work so might even make some. Im sailing way past midlife and going proper old life now

2 Likes

Holy sheeeeeeeeeet

1 Like