In the news thread

Remember when he told that air stewardess he was going to cut her hands off? Classic Ian Brown!

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to clarify that it was a festival performance I stumbled upon. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™d ever buy a ticket to see him.

1 Like

6 Likes

I suppose itā€™s the case that these people agreeing with Ian Brown donā€™t ever encounter anything that a scientist, scholar, historian, economist or journalist has said, because theyā€™ve not been on Love Island and donā€™t post on Facebook. People like Ian Brown are their only source of information.

Loads of people just lack any form of critical thinking skills. Itā€™s so easy to say some complete shit like that ā€œEveryoneā€™s panicking about the virus but not everyoneā€™s dead. Why are the government REALLY telling us to wear masks?? The media is lying to you. Wake up!!1!!ā€ And thickos read it and without thinking for a second go ā€œyeah, thatā€™s so right!ā€ because they canā€™t see that thereā€™s zero substance behind any of this sort of rhetoric.

3 Likes

None of their mates have died (yet), so itā€™s a global conspiracy.

3 Likes

Asked one of them where he got his facts from.

https://twitter.com/mantovannni/status/1303724164566650880?s=21

Well that put me in my place. Didnā€™t realise the level of knowledge we were dealing with here.

4 Likes

Haha thatā€™s always the answer. ā€œI could provide sources but Iā€™d just be wasting my timeā€

3 Likes

Basically ā€œDave down the pub knows this bloke who reckonsā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Yeah my uncle told me years ago, canā€™t remember the exact details butā€¦

2 Likes

My uncle works for Nintendo and Iā€™ve got a NES 2 but I canā€™t show you it.

5 Likes

My uncle could have your uncle.

6 Likes

My uncleā€™s mate who is in the army, let me fly his Apache helicopter once. It was totally brill.

6 Likes

Itā€™s fucked, this guy thought it was a hoax up until his wife died.

ā€œWe thought the government was using it to distract us,ā€ Brian explained, ā€œor it was to do with 5G.ā€

Absolute fuckwit of the highest order.

That is insane

Was in SF when the last round of wildfires hit it was mad, the air everywhere was like standing next to a bonfire, thick with that raw taste you get, had to wear a mask and couldn\t go out with our little one

Australia was like that to a lesser extent in January. Itā€™s a crazy thing to experience.

Well this is cheery. Wildlife in 'catastrophic decline' due to human destruction, scientists warn - BBC News
What can we do as individuals to make any difference?`

`