Instagram Blowouts

Oh yeah, thought this would be simple but it’s fucking with my head now.

On vert, a hurricane is basically an alley-oop feeble, isn’t it? Not necessarily backwards, I always figured it was called that because of the turn.

If you do a fakie hurricane on a rail, would it be a half-cab to feeble?

I need a lie down

Yeah, but my point is you have to turn into a hurricane, and there’s no turn on that clip, so it’d be a feeble

1 Like

Look what you started

2 Likes

The man the authorities came to blame.

3 Likes

If I did an “alley oop feeble grind” on a ramp, what is that actually called in hurricane terms? Because turning out, you are going the opposite way to what might be seen as a ‘classic’ hurricane.

This is how I always look at it. If he landed on the popped truck, it’d be fakie 50, if he landed on the popped tail it’d be fakie tail, if he landed with the non popped truck on the ledge and the popped truck dipped, it’d be fakie willy (ugh).

*immediately doubts everything I just wrote

1 Like

Im not sure. I’m genuinely asking.
To me, a hurricane is an overturn on a rock and roll slide where you catch the back truck. You come in the same as a rock and roll slide would in terms of turning out.

So an “alley oop feeble grind” would actually be an alley oop hurricane, I guess. Or would it just be an alley oop feeble grind?

Alley oop frontside hurricane? Because a “regular” frontside hurricane would have you turning in the other way, right?

Thing is…I always remind a friend of this who throws out trick name questions - as he spots all the holes - these rules were probably made up by teenagers on the platform who weren’t really thinking about it to this level.

It’s a trick. So long as you can get the idea across, I guess it doesn’t matter how you get there.

Except people who use “ollie north” because they are wrong. Incredibly wrong.

2 Likes

I just don’t think I am explaining myself very well.

Lemme have another shot.

Surely if he was on a ramp (imagine he’s carving up the wall fakie and in this case the rail is actually the coping facing his back, he’d be going fakie into a grind back to fakie again because he doesn’t turn out.

So fakie feeble to fakie on a ramp. Therefore fakie feeble on street.

Yeah but then by it’s very nature a hurricane would have to have a turn in it to make it go backwards. The alley Oop thing was just me describing that motion.

I agree with BvS, the trick name should work both ways. You wouldn’t call a fakie hurricane on a rail a fakie hurricane, you’d call it a half cab feeble (with or without a revert).

I might be confused, my brain is struggling to process this half cab feeble thing now. I think that would be equivalent anyway. I’m giving up now and I hope this trick gets popular so I can call it fakie feeble every day

This here looks to me like a hurricane. As does the other image.

In this one, you ride up frontside, slide into a “fakie feeble” grind and then effectively overturn a frontside rock in.

I think at this we are both in agreement that this is a frontside hurricane, right? And if we did it all the opposite way, it would be a backside hurricane.

What I am asking is, what if Yuto did that trick but instead of turning frontside out of that trick he was to turn backside.

What would that be called? Because for me, that isn’t a hurricane grind as you are turning in the wrong way.

1 Like

Oh, I couldn’t give a toss about that rail. Ha ha.

Just wondered about the ramp one because thats always been an oddity to me.
Definitely the softest way out. It’s a trick you learn and then leave forever.
Figured you might have some insight, anyway.

For sure. I mean whatever it’s called it looks sick and I’m definitely never going to land one, on vert or street

1 Like

Exactly.

Randomly, I redid them on a bank to kerb in lockdown 1. Selfie filmed it as a warm up and then selfie filmed a much better trick as our little crew was all on a crew selfie clip tip. Sent them both over and only the softee got used from that spot.

Was kinda bummed as I’ve definitely been vocal in the past about that trick not being very good.

2 Likes

One of my favourite video parts ever. Whenever I used to go to John Robinsons house, I’d get him to play it straight away as he has the VHS.

Soooo sick.

1 Like

Sausage flap :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLFbGiGFlze/?igshid=nphxh4j5q4gx

Alright, I take back the previous things I said about Suciu.

5 Likes

Yep. Beasts indeed.

I feel attacked.

5 Likes