Instagram Blowouts

Some rapid fire Hyde Park sights and sounds coming at your eyeballs…now:

2 Likes

wot.

13 Likes

Biggest Chinese Ollie ever!

1 Like

Bonk!

Personally, I’d claim that’s a double set as well.

1 Like

I think saying my opinion is ‘laughable’ is a bit harsh.

I was blown away by him when I first saw him skate. That was in front of me. I reckon I’ve probably seen him skate in front of me at Wonderland and a bunch of other bowl events a couple of times a year for 12/13 years.
So, thats at least 30-40 days of watching and filming him…

When I see him now - live or on insta - I just feel like I know exactly what is coming next.
He went from this exciting, fresh face to someone who learned a couple of variations of tricks he had, but never, ever moved beyond that.

It just got boring to me.

What is also weird is that his style got worse. Kinda like that Adrien Bulard dude…when he first appeared, he looked great. Then in the space of about a year, he went mad with the dangling back foot and it all went a bit weird.

3 Likes

Can’t really argue with that. I have only seen a handful of things but skating that bowl like that is crazy. I was at my lowest with skating the time I went there granted but it was so much harder to skate than expected. Ask Deeg.

Come on. I laughed when you said he has five tricks on lock. The line you’re slagging off includes 6 tricks that aren’t 5-0s or 50-50s. If you weren’t trying to be funny are you saying you were 100% serious when you made that comment?

1 Like

Birchi rules.

Did you see the clips he posted on his Insta for his 42nd and 44th birthday? So ill.

1 Like

Yeah remember him from Puzzles back in the day, has a sick style. Not see his other IG stuff yet but will check them out! Edit, just did. What a ruler. 43 was pretty cool too.

I did find this last night, (sorry mods it’s not IG), so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQTANwYqKS0

His set up sounds so solid, would be so reassuring to hear those sounds when trying stuff haha.

Also the parks in Swizzerland, dayum.!

1 Like

Yeah, okay. There is a difference between laughing at something and describing someones opinion as laughable.
I’m hardly “slagging him off” either. I’m merely commenting on the dudes output.

Kinda feel like you are being a little dramatic on this one, darling.

All that said, I am 100% disagreeing with you stating he has a bigger trick bag than most sponsored skaters. My impression from seeing him in front of me - quite a bit - and from watching coverage, is that is is the same few tricks repeated. Happy to be proven wrong, but honestly…it’s probably not worth anyones time.

Someone made a point about skating a bowl like a mini ramp being a bad look. I’d agree with that and think this guy does that a fair bit, too.

He’s not my cup of tea. You like him and others, too. That’s cool.

1 Like

Are you the guy in the clip or his best mate or something?

1 Like

ha ha. nutter.

Grinding my teeth and worrying about my knuckles here :laughing:

1 Like

Woah!

At a guess… Ricta Clouds or OJ Keyframes :smiley: ??

1 Like

my next wheels are Clouds, looking forward to em

3 Likes

He was pro, filming killer stuff, going to most of the Euro contests while studying at uni. Gnarly. Really humble and sound guy too.

2 Likes

I don’t want to Equipment Thread up the Instagram one, but…

They’re really good at the rough stuff though can feel a bit heavy.

Got to back up @Londonskater about Dannie @jimo. He’s amazing first time you see him but after 3rd or 4th time you know exactly what’s coming. And yes I’ve seen him skate comps in the flesh at least half a dozen times.

Clouds are the best. I’m pretty sure they are the only wheels I’ve ridden in the last decade.