Instagram Blowouts

Get yourself down to your nearest Specsavers son.

1 Like

OK then Les, who IS closest thing there is to modern day Penny on transition?

Heā€™s virtually asleep. I bet youā€™d struggle to find a pulse on him

iā€™m with big butts guy, Juneau literally doesnā€™t look like he knows what heā€™s doing nor does he care

Random clip. Canā€™t be arsed to trawl through specific clips looking for tranny stuff:

Heā€™s the most Penny like person around.

Look at the stee on the rideaway

Heā€™s way more asleep at the wheel on tranny than your hectic shorts guy too.

I think he skates vert like a mini as well.

Iā€™m actually torn between who has the most asleep at the wheel thing going on between Yuto and Cory.

I think Cory takes it, as Yuto has moments of it feeling a bit contrived. Whereas Cory seems like heā€™s not a stranger to literally falling asleep stoned

1 Like

I find a lot of Asian skaters have a similar style to this and to me it looks faked/over exaggerated.

I first noticed it in the Winter Olympics in snowboarding but have since seen it in Yuto, Brian Peacock and that little kid who does fakie double flip to blunt then 360ā€™s in on mini ramp to name a few.

1 Like

Both nothing like Penny but both great to watch! Juneau does have an incredible fs flip / fs rockslide though

His style is like the regular footed character on Skate 3. Like super duper duper regular. It looks awkward to my goofy eyes and it doesnā€™t look particularly nice or that smooth to me.

Thereā€™s loads of people that skate big boards in big parks like that. Theyā€™re ten aā€¦ Penny. He looks more like a burlier Dave Bachinsky.

Iā€™m not saying heā€™s bad or anything but his style in no way resembles, emulates or has any features which come close to Pennyā€™s. I donā€™t get the comparison.

Pretty sure Yutoā€™s style isnā€™t forced and itā€™s got a lot of echos of Penny (stance aside). Even down to his little bowl haircut.

Skate 3 ref spot on. Itā€™s like someone pushed a button and he wakes up to push.

1 Like

So Pennyesque. Helps that itā€™s a flawless run at an indoor wooden comp with floppy hair but he could dress like Duane Peters and still look good-ish on a skateboard.

Obviously slightly different but thinking of the most Penny-esque transition skaters, how about Dannie Carlsen? Absolute wizardry

1 Like

Yeah but straight up and down, he just needs a single ply. Good but boring.

I still maintain Penny comp nonchalance > Horigome nonchalance and will continue to do so stubbornly, forever.

1 Like

But Iā€™m not saying yuto nonchalance is > penny nonchelance.

Iā€™m saying the guy you like who skates big parks on what looks like a snowboard ā‰  anything to do with Penny.

Check the landing steeze image of Yuto. Thatā€™s a huge part of style and that silouhette could be mid 90s Penny.

To be honest I think itā€™s a bit pointless to argue about this. He was an absolute one off and he was what he was. Itā€™s a fun argument though but I just cannot even begin to understand where you are coming from with that one because he is nothing like Penny in any way.

So funny.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Iā€™d rather watch Tiago switch mongo push etc.

1 Like

I need to see him skate in person at some point.

6 Likes