Interview Thread

2 Likes

She seems to throw them under and then pull back completely saying sheā€™s only joking or that itā€™s not her world, itā€™s everyones.

I think she is just having fun and is harmless but also is combined with not being very good at being interviewed.

1 Like

Just checked her insta. Sheā€™s pretty steezy.

I hate that attitude - just put some effort into your job. And shops wonder why people would rather buy online rather then come in and get vibed in person.

2 Likes

itā€™s a jenkem interview though so iā€™d hazard to suggest it mightā€™ve been edited to seem controversial.
i didnā€™t think it was personally, she didnā€™t even really talk shit.

whatevs.

2 Likes

I thought she was saying that in the context of girls posting a shuv on insta and middle aged blokes thirsting over them in the comments

I hit them up about 2 years ago as something I knew theyā€™d printed was just a lie.
Asked them super politely how they go about fact checking any of the more controversial stuff as Iā€™d spotted something which I knew was untrue.

I got ignored.

Asked someone who knows them to ask, too. They told me they got ignored, which is odd.

I want to like Jenkem but I lost a lot of respect for them over that.

2 Likes

I hate these banal internetisms that mean absolutely nothing. Itā€™s not just a Gen Z thing, but they are big offenders.

She starts to chat abit of entry level shit talk but then 180s when she catches herself sounding like a knob a few times. Which is fine, sheā€™s young and thereā€™s nothing wrong with it.

My only gripe is that I can hear her saying it in that awful los Angeles accent.

1 Like

What did they print?

Nothing much - just a skater claiming they never had anyone ever offer them money to skate and they put a couple of brands on blastā€¦and I know that one of those brands 100% offered a salary and other support.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

A very good interview with OG forumite and top human blindolliesoftrock

13 Likes

Ollie also made this, which is a lot of fun.

1 Like

Wow first time Iā€™ve heard Buddies skate shop in Ealing mentioned. Was the first place I saw a skate video, and boards / wheels in their window. Could never remember what the shop was called.

1 Like

That was really great. Particularly liked the section about wandering about town, physical spaces and cool shop keepers. Had me nostalgic for a time I was just too young to be a part of.

Legend

9 Likes

Weā€™re lucky to have him.

2 Likes