Joe Hinson 'Britannia' section

Just watched that Joe Hinson section now and it’s properly savage. Big rails, big gaps and many of them he hit up during the winter. Filming and edit could do with improvement, but there’s a load of heavy NBDs going on down some properly gnarly spots. And yeah, far better than some 15Peter20 in clown pants and dangly keys scratching fart ollies after a bank ride to call it a line.

8 Likes

According to instagram he’s got another edit dropping (urgh) today.

It’s just a little interview.

6 Likes

Warning at 2:15 for the squeamish - nasty knee injury clip.

2 Likes

I watched that and I rewatched his part. He’s good. And I feel bad for not being more hyped on it, because I think I’ve in part developed a presumption that all solo Uk parts from people not on a jazzy Uk company is going to be cringe. This is partially the fault of the likes of Hop King, and partially the fault of being overexposed to Instagram skateboarding, but it’s not a good attitude.

It’s been said earlier, but that nose blunt would have easily been the cover of Sidewalk, if it still existed. And should be in the likes of Grey/Free. The guys gnarly, seems alright. Good on him for stepping up to our horrendous handrails

4 Likes

He comes across well in that interview, he seems really self aware. “Why do this when I can’t do it justice but I can jump down massive rails?”

4 Likes

Comes across really well. Seems to be scared of hitting rails but can obviously switch the fear part of his brain off when he goes for it.

Seeing the little fixes he has to do makes the tricks even gnarlier.

The double kink he gaps to 5-0 - Paul Carter gapped that to lipslide like nearly twenty years ago didn’t he?

1 Like

A British Paul Machnau.

I mean that sincerely as a compliment

5 Likes

Gnarly gnarly part. Bravo.

Yeah, he comes across well for sure.
Stuff like that might do him the world of good - because you see the person behind it all is just a fucking skate rat.

5 Likes

Absolutely. “Im OCD, I skate for hours, this is what Im good at: massive rail trick

I’d take that if someone offered that out.

can’t remember where we were talking about braille/revive but i saw my first revive board in the wild today!

some guy who’d started skating over lockdown and had got into it because of their videos so he bought one of their decks. glad he found his way to skating, no matter how he did it

4 Likes

The thing with those brands is I know they’re super popular but how many people would buy more than one of them? If that’s what gets you into skating then by then time you need another deck you’ll probably have something else in mind for the next one.

FWIW I work in a skatepark with shitloads of tiny skaters who all seem to love the braille videos etc. Still never see those boards anywhere

3 Likes

Good point, they’re definitely entry level, like Enuff or something similar. It definitely seems to me that they don’t have the brand loyalty that companies like DLX or Creature would have - btw I think Creature is such a lame, contrived brand. Despite having some serious heavy hitters, I would never consider them when I’m buying a board.

3 Likes