Latest forum updates

yep - up to date

iOS12.5.5

tried it in dark mode and it was the same

I’m guessing that because myself and anon are on such ancient unsupported iphones, that there won’t be anything you can do about this @Spanky? Having to log in on the desktop as the forum is completely unusable on my phone now :cry:

*obvs too tight to upgrade phone just to browse the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Still looking into it fellas

@deegwaad @anonymity does this describe your issue? https://meta.discourse.org/t/ios-12-issue-with-latest-version/212637

Anyone else with iPhones, are there problems browsing forum?

1 Like

Yeah if you’re scrolling back a bit in a thread it can suddenly jump back by days.

1 Like

Oh, I thought that was just me.

Yes, always 19 posts back when opening a thread, but also continues to scroll back like others above have said.

yep, to the letter

Ok looking into it more. Sorry it’s taking so long, got quite a lot on my plate ATM

@judithpriest @deegwaad @anonymity @buildafire Could you do me a favour? Go to Settings - General - About on your iPhones and tell me the software version of iOS? Mine is 15.2 and I am getting that issue after upgrading from 14.1

Oh yeah. About to update to 15.2 now.

One way around it (which I haven’t tested yet) is to install Chrome on your phone and try with that? At least until I sort this safari issue out

1 Like

Mines saying 15.1.1
I’ll get on the chrome.

Still happening? I think it’s fixed on my iPhone 5SE (15.2)

Yep. iOS 12.5.5 is as high as I can go on my 5S, and can’t even download Chrome.

same here - not much @Spanky can do about it really - Apple’s in-built obsolescence is a ballache.

Time for an upgrade, not least for your battery life.

1 Like

No need to do that though (I mean I get what you’re saying).
I object to being forced to do so.

2 Likes

Developers are looking if they can make the code (more) backwards compatible for older Apple devices. However, this is now out of my hands now (and beyond my intellectual capacity to fix on my own).

They hope to try in the next few weeks so I will keep an eye on updates to see if they have managed a fix…

1 Like