Looking for a old sequnce from Sidewalk

1998, in Sidewalks.

2 Likes

That montage is a nostalgiasplosion. Nice one.

3 Likes

They jog memories possibly middle or the one with green header but can not be sure.
Chocolate teapot.

Is it perhaps a late 97 issue? Dude was saying it was really hot that day, so if it was Summer 97 would maybe have been in sept/oct/nov 97 issue?

1 Like

I thought we already agreed itā€™s not in any 98 issues?

1 Like

@Spanky does Charlie Munro skate this spot in the Blips video?! Switch Front Crook transfer?!

1 Like

Canā€™t see it in any 1999 either.

3 Likes

Yeah. So for all the haters I did frontside overcook 18 years ago. Munro didnā€™t even ask permission to skate my spot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Got to be 96 or 97 then

1 Like

Looked through those firstā€¦

1 Like

You were so ahead of the curve with that cover trick. Very suciu. Fakie ollie to fakie nosegrind shove it transfer from roadside to bank. Very good!

The last issue of 98 with Scott P skating Hull centre and a pic of me in, although itā€™s me looking on as Jon Weatherall and Horsley shoot a pic of a trick I did minutes before haha (iā€™m not bitter) Pic would look a mess if it was of me as I have some scally adidas tracksuit top onā€¦ oh wait.
jk, it was a non issue obv.

1 Like

Did wonder if it was a sort of homage when I saw that trick, then realised he would have been a toddlerā€¦

1 Like

I think @Londonskater offered up the spot to him, and he shot Charlie from the same angle etc, so stoked I could see someone who was actually decent skating it, Charlie is amazing

1 Like

No easy way to say this, but it canā€™t have been 98. So sorry all. Canā€™t apologise enough. Iā€™m a fool. The only reason I thought it was was because a couple of years ago I found a post on a forum talking about scarborough. Someone mentioned the skate jam and sidewalk coming to it. Just assumed they were right. Just worked it out using my GCSE year. Bridmarble is right. It was earlier. Honestly I am embarrassedā€¦I clearly owe quite a few people a beer.
Although I understand any faith in what I say should be questioned. I believe the images were on the right hand side page. It was half way down and several photos/ sequence. They went all the way across the page then a couple on the next line towards the right hand side of the page.
So sorry all. Feel free the hurl the abuse my way.

1 Like

Just adds to the drama and suspense, mate. Plus we all got to go down nostalgia street for a minute, so thanks for that!

2 Likes

Cheers for that. I know what you mean about nostalgia, how good do those covers lookā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll go through 2000 in the morning. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Wait, it was EARLIER? I went through all the early ones. Weird. No hardship to look through old skate mags again, of course.

But a drop in sort of trick in 1996ā€¦?

1 Like

Sorry feel like you are been sent in witch hunt but it has to 97 surely. Please when you get chance have one more look. What you have done all ready is above and beyond thank you.

This is the best thread ever. We should make random aliases requesting obscure parts of the mag occasionally

4 Likes