Mark Suciu- Verso

Exactly.

Get what you’re saying but that is pretty dismissive view. You can’t say Blessed didn’t have some top tier skating

1 Like

Top tier is subjective. Progressive toward a certain way of skating yes. It actually had many levels of skating thinking about it but could have been overshadowed by the look/feel/vibe of the video.
This style has become top tier as it’s influenced the direction of skateboarding overall.
I didn’t think Fully flared was top tier at the time, I thought it was several steps back to make a few steps forward, which I think is also important.

Just to be clear - when I say that I didn’t like the filming, I am also glad it wasn’t a Strobeck imitator or a dude on a pogo stick filming with a VX.

I just felt like the fisheye never really got in there that often. Because of that, I felt like I was distantly witnessing rather than being fully involved. I hope that makes sense.

The filming was clean but very pedestrian and I think when you are mainly skating ledges, it needs to feel a bit more dynamic.

As an example, I think those Vans videos over the past few years have had more involving filming. Primitive have also done a good job with their fisheye lines, too.

I wish I had some really good examples.

1 Like

Would love to know what the original choices were.

1 Like

@anon83623327 @Haven_Hamilton_Official Of course they’re both skate videos. They serve different purposes and are supposed to represent different things, that’s what I was getting at. I never said that the skating in Blessed was bad. I really liked some of it.

1 Like

Worth re-watching, its a lot to take in. Middle section I didn’t enjoy so much but the beginning and end are rad.

Watched it last night. I felt like a dog being shown a card trick

10 Likes

Got to wait all day until I can watch this. I need to stay off Twitter and this forum, I’m hearing too many spoilers

Kinda agree but there are two angles to view this. As something to hype you up to go out and learn something and up your own skill or to sit back in awe at someone elses skill. I can’t relate either but it does look beautiful to me (once I can disregard his hunch)
I can totally enjoy some gnarly transition skating like Pedro/sandoval sections but that’s even further away in relation to me.
I can see why people will find fault in this Suciu part absolutely, I can see/feel them too but I decide to let them go and appreciate what i do love about it as that is pretty overpowering.

1 Like

Can someone download this and send me a link so I can save it to my iPhone?

Sure?
Phone screen won’t do it justice.

Will watch it on my telly then you’re right.

Why not watch it on a proper screen instead?

Wonder if he’ll get a better board offer. He’s only on Habitat because he wanted on Alien so badly.

Innit ha. Mine too even if i’m slightly less close to the light at the end of the tunnel than you (not by much mind)

1 Like

Seriously though, what is better? You mean relevant today don’t you?

I mean “better”, like a company with more presence, more social media output, more distribution, more fans and ultimately a better royalty cheque.

Not sure what you mean but I guess those companies are the relevant ones.

Habitat might have all that in the US, we don’t see it here much nowadays. But I get you. They are backseat at the moment but I don’t know what his motives are or whether loyalty and itegrity makes him stick with them?

Don’t think so, I think it’s own personal thing, could be wrong.