Music thread

This is wicked

6 Likes

Black metal. It’s not generally a genre I enjoy, in particular I often find that back of the throat high pitch vocal style incredibly off putting, however every so often I’ll find a band that has some stuff I like - usually towards the instrumental/atmospheric/blackened death metal end of the spectrum. I really like Deafheaven musically but vocally it’s not always pleasant.

I heard a track by a polish band called MGLA the other day as it was so sick, and I was hyped that I’d found a black metal band I actually enjoyed. I mentioned t to my mate who is really into his black metal and he said that they have some dubious connections to the far right/white power movement… so that’s the end of that.

Anyone here know of bands that musically sound like Mgla but aren’t affiliated with nazis? If it helps, I listen to a lot of post rock, so that sort of vibe

Deathspell Omega?

1 Like

This LP by Finnish BM group Oranssi Pazuzu is awesome.

2 Likes

Yes I liked this. Not a band I would ever have discovered on my own

am part of a really big charity music event this weekend in walthamstow - raising money for local food bank (last year raised over £7500). there is an industrial place with 4 breweries and a gin palace and mad neon light place - each venue has music all day on saturday 29 Feb and all free but make a donation. i am playing 3-4pm in pillars brewery and ragga twins, dennis bovell and dub pistols playing later. also james lavelle and a whole bunch of other music in the other venues

2 Likes

Stoked the Ragga Twins are still going

1 Like

Any digital radio alternatives to Marc Reilly’s 6Music 19.00-21.00 show? Usually have the radio on in the kitchen over dinner and I’m over his show. Too much Richard Dawson* and interchangable indie rock and not enough variety.
Aside from Spotify, iPlayer, etc.

• I fucking hate that guy’s music, voice and general presence, it sounds like a gimp getting his balls mashed on a table with a toffee hammer.

Wait until Gideon Coe comes on after?

1 Like

Generally not in the kitchen then.

Listen to the previous night’s and ignore the news?

sticking this in the back room of a pub in northampton tomorrow if anyone’s remotely local - wicked tunes on from 4 till 1, open decks early doors and all profits to a local charity called the hope centre

5 Likes

Oooooooofff son! That looks banging as fuck!

BEEF!

At home this weekend but totally up for something like this if you’re DJing next time I visit as I usually stay in Brixton/Coldharbour/Stockwell.

1 Like

did a new mix with some 60’s vintage vibes - alton ellis, desmond dekker and some really nice early wailers stuff with original versions of some of their big tunes before they got changed by Island records
tried to embed the player but didnt show up? but here is the link

1 Like

It was a right good night

Sage’s album sounding pretty good. A pleasant surprise.