Music thread

Already got you covered on Spotify.

2 Likes

deffo keen. wasnt it themed last time or did i imagine that?

One of the more recent ones had rough guidelines…
First single, music influenced by parents, etc.

Fave tunes of all time?

Your life story in tracks?

Skate video classics?

Just whatever is sitting in front of the decks / most played playlist?

yeah, we did loads of themed ones I think. scary zombie apocolypse etc

Anyone link us up any sick Irish Rappers other than the House of Pain sandwiches?

Scary Eire - These guys were poised to make it big in the early 90s, but in proper Irish style, ended up pissing it up the wall, falling out with each other, having their contract torn up and the record company holding onto the masters of whatever they did record.

This RTE/BBC 3 documentary might be of interest. It’s a tough watch as you know success will elude them.

1 Like

I remember my Irish flatmate playing these years ago. Will give the doc a watch

FYI, the doc isn’t about Scary Eire! Just re-read my post - SE pre-date that doc by about 12-15 years.

Ah right, shame. Scary Eire were cool

Listening to this amazing LP today. This track is like a mixture of Can and Black Sabbath.

There’s a BBC World Service documentary on them.
1 Like

Couldn’t resist checking it out based on that description. New one on me. Excellent stuff though - thank you :pray:

I tune into konbini radio:

and fip

fip have got reggae, jazz, rock, ‘nouveau’ etc channels.

None of these stations have any speaking/dj’s/adverts.

There is occasionally some sexy french accents (male and female) on fip, but that’s it.

fuck checkatrade and compare the cunting meerkat commercial radio stations

3 Likes

whole album is great - last track from 25:25 mins till the end SO FUNKY

Cheers Cmac - I’ll give it a look / listen.

I’ve listened to Boogaloo Radio (https://boogalooradio.com) a few times and that was OK.
Broadcast from a Pub in London apparently.

David Attenborough persuaded the BBC to let him go to Indonesia in 1956, to search for the Komodo dragon for the Zoo Quest series. It was here where he encountered gamelan music and was amazed by the instruments, the music and the devotion of the people to this tradition. “ The villagers will sit down while the leader of the gamelan orchestra will convey his composition, teaching them, one at a time how to play,recalls Attenborough “ *…they then play this concerted music with extraordinary precision and real zest. So it is haunting music that you hear every night – or you did in those days, in the villages of Bali.

Gender Wayang is a style of traditional gamelan music from Bali. The track features two metallophones and one pair of drums. The metallophones are struck with two wooden hammers and the damping is done with the undersides of the wrists as the hands slither and glide over the keys.

To enter the competition UK music creators will need to download the track, ‘Gender Wayang’ and will have until 6pm on Monday June 10 2019 to submit their remix via a private SoundCloud link.

1 Like

After initially finding it fairly poor, I’ve actually come around to the new Vampire Weekend album. It’s odd, I’ve always struggled with Vampire Weekend’s albums during the first few listens. Then they sort of become infectious.

Harmony Hall, Bambina, Unbearably White, My Mistake, Flower Moon are all really good tracks.

I feel old award of the day.

Youngish guy at work looking at Spotify - “Primal Scream? What’s that?!”

This is awesome. Cheers for the heads up

1 Like