Music thread

2 Likes

end of week dusted beats courtesy of Jimvo *

• not sure if he made the leap from the old forum. username jiggling is eternally confusing
4 Likes

I like that a lot.

Just hit up Bandcamp for the album…

1 Like

Thank you! I’m pretty stoked how generous people are on bandcamp who pay when it’s offered free anyway, especially for my sketchy shit

And cheers for the plug andy, I am still on here sometimes

3 Likes

Always happy to pay for something someone’s put time and effort into.

Except fonts. Really begrudge paying anything for fonts. Not sure why.

3 Likes

haha, forgive my dopey brain - I have seen you on here.
hyped on the beats

Label isn’t even stuck on in the middle. Do people not even play records nowadays?

Yeah man, I love vinyls!

1 Like

I love a vinyl plater in a suitcase.

I love vinyls so much I have a Crosley neck tattoo.

Lol, I have one of these, it was a really thoughtful gift, I feel bad for wanting to upgrade it to a proper one.

4 Likes

Do you remember that Nordberg cringe Day in the Life thing?
In LA.
Goes into a record store looking super awkward…“I love a vinyl” or something. Its just the most awkward quote.

If I had time or the botheredness, I’d find it.

4 Likes

something a bit different from me

a few months ago my mrs. and son started watching anime and as soon as i heard this intro theme song i was like ‘whats this - i really like that song’ - the anime was Naruto and we are now on the final season after watching an average of 3 episodes a day since November (but the final season is over 200 episodes). Please no spoilers !!!

i just wanted to post this song (Akeboshi - Wind), it took me a few listens to realise it was all in english and some of the lyrics dont quite make sense but i now have a really strong emotional attachment to it due to getting so into the anime. they change the intro and outro music most seasons but none of the others are like this.

as a contrast this is the intro music from season 2, which i thought just sounded like a japanese version of busted or something the first time, but after hearing it 25 times this had really grown on me too

1 Like

Loving the latest on Ripe Radio.

edit: hmm not posting the link for some reason.

It’s the latest show on the previously posted mixcloud link - Sunday Sessions // 18-4-21

Cheers, next one out next week!

Not sure why not showing link, Mixcloud can be a bit rubbish sometimes

Looking forward to seeing this…

1 Like

Just heard the R4 Women’s Hour piece about that on the radio whilst sitting in traffic. Sounds really worth a watch.

1 Like

Yeah I flicked over to newsnight waiting for the snooker last night and there was a thing about this with the director. Looks excellent.

2 Likes

New Dinosaur Jr album out this week which on first listen seems pretty solid.

Theyre now part of the very very small group of bands who’s post-reforming output has been as good, and on a couple albums better, than whatever they produced earlier in their career.

3 Likes