Music thread

ive read two of Drummond’s books - 45 and The 17.
both have ideas that stuck in my head; The 17 pondering music in the future particularly

2 Likes

Love 45, I’ve read it twice. One weird bit was that I used to read it on the bus back from work, and he describes that exact bus journey as one of his fave things, from east through the city through Walworth and camberwell etc.

1 Like

haha, serendipity all bound for Mu Mu Land

1 Like

Drummond is ace, have see him do a few (random) talks - somewhere have got a piece of this artwork that he sold me for a quid

Finally getting round to see his old band mate’s MDZ ESTATE thing next week…

1 Like

rad!
i wonder if he kept up with making dance music. jungle or maybe drummond bass

5 Likes

One of these turned up near me, really good.

The whole burning a million quid thing… 1 it meant they had to keep working and creating and 2 a kind of Great Rock n roll Swindle in reverse, the joke being they actually meant it all after all

all 3 pay what you want, just downloaded em. flicking through the first some really tasty gear in there

2 Likes

This was fun! Ears are fucked now though. I keep meaning to buy earplugs then forgetting.

3 Likes

Fairly chilled acidy type stuff

2 Likes

Holy fuck if that’s your photo you really were so close!! Nowadays even supermarkets sell fairly decent earbuds

1 Like

Saw them in Brum the other day, absolutely phenomenal they were, mun.

I bought some of these years ago, albeit I keep losing them from the case loosening over time. But they seem to do the job when it comes to gigs;

Bananaz TP-PRO Thunderplugs Ear Plugs with 2 Pairs of Filters : Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Someone might come along and suggest something better, but I’ve never had problems after wearing these at some loud raves and all.

I was at the Birmingham show too!

1 Like

Apparently one of the boys I know who was there but not with us tried to record after one or two songs, then got booted out.

Definitely one of the best gigs I’ve been to!

100%. The light show etc was amazing. I loved the first four songs curtain/projector thing

1 Like

Yeah sure they’re all fairly similar, I usually get them direct off the Alpine site

Pro tip - earplug tubes are great for storing drugs in and never get checked :blush:

6 Likes

Got an album out on a mate’s bandcamp label… Ambient and electronic stuff.

5 Likes

Listened to the whole thing while doing my invoices - good stuff, Jim.

2 Likes

Saw Vangelis died.

This sounds banging through some good speakers or beefy headphones. Stereo AF

2 Likes

It does indeed.