New skateparks and plazas

Not many lines though. You can come down the bank with the hubba and rail, into that big driveway bit in the middle, but then you’ve got everyone crowding round at the top of the rail/hubba all trying to hit it the same way, which makes the rail hard to hit. Aside from that I like it!

IMO the triangular manny pad would be more fun if the hexagon thing was banked, like a hip sort of thing. That way you can also pump over it to get more speed for the middle section.

It’s cool that there’s a couple of flat bars. you don’t get enough flat bars these days. Always worth planning to build as many as possible, so that there’s some left over when everyone’s feedback is “lose the flatbar”.

Actually ignore me, there’s loads of lines. I was only looking at the big picture, didn’t spot the other links. Looks fun!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAsjh0KIOC2/?igshid=kcztak02e7mb

Right just copy this

3 Likes

Ugh so nice

1 Like

Yeah thanks Chopper. There’s 3 other concept designs there, but so far this is my favourite, with a few more on the way. The council still have to get to a pre-consultation phase yet, but it’s all in the pipeline. No idea about budget or full scope of the site yet - I’m getting these done to throw some ideas around and see what will work, and ulitmately, show what they could do rather than just settle for mediocrity.

And as standard, it’s the scooter kids who are most vocal about “Put more ramps in there”, “These ledges look shit, they’re a waste of council money,” etc., while skaters just hit like and/or say nothing - go work that one out…

Yep, had thought of that right after I uploaded them, definitely a good idea.
Flat bars in general just don’t register with me. I just don’t skate them and for me they’re something to trip me up on the flat.

I really like the capsule bowl design, so many little parts to it, like the coping going into the floor. Real nice work man!

We kind of have one in our park and it’s just natural for scooters and bikes to tank it from one end of the park to do fly outs. Which is annoying if you have a mini session going on or you are pumping round it and all of a sudden you have someone coming straight at you. High traffic and collision potential areas I call them haha

Having space to just push is rare so stoked you have made free space.

I think people try and cram in as much as the can these days and councils think more is better and want maximum bang for thier cash.

Going off on a odd one here but I have had this idea for a few years where you give everyone a clear sheet with the park layout on paper below and get them to draw out potential lines. Then you can stack them all up and you can see the most popular lines people are thinking of when they see the overhead view. This should highlight areas that may have collision potential and may need adjusting. Sorry,
It’s late and i smacked a red bull for no reason the first time in 2 months haha

2 Likes

Hey, thanks. The coping into the floor thing was pretty common in parks I skated in Oz years back, so that’s where that’s from - nothing too ground-breaking.
Actually, a good friend made the exact same point you did on the half bowl about scooters and bikes tanking it in for a flyout session - I was looking at that half capsule as a slingshot to give speed for the rest of the park. I’ll close it off and continue the bank across in a further version.

Yep, pushing space is important. Parks where you don’t push, or are just too cramped to do so get stale quickly.

Still, a vocal minority of 3 scooter kids are hating everything, just wanting more ramps, saying ledges are all shite and a waste of money, haha.

Yep, that’s in the folder of recommended inspiration - Kristianstad, near Malmo.

1 Like

Thing is with scooter kids, they will have grown out of it by their teens and never back at the park, but there’s always the regular skaters of all ages. They won’t stop going especially with a plaza lay out

All the scooter kids we had to deal with ended up on bmx and maybe only 2-3 stuck at it.

If you can, find away to get them void from meetings anyway possible haha, we fucked up as we let a youth worker get in on it and they got them involved, luckily we got the money the week before and maverick were scheme’in to get the tender ASAP so we didn’t have to change the plans. Just caused so much shit when they turned up to no scooter signs by the council haha

3 Likes

Yep, I remember you saying that a while back alright, will do my best.

If anyone heads to east Amsterdam…

My mate who moved there now has this on his door step. Lucky git.

1 Like

Wow

I really love parks that you can sort of pump around like a bowl, but also have street obstacles as well. It’s quite rare to find a park that you can carve around the whole thing, often there’s a separate street bit and a transition bit.

Clearly something wrong with it though, does the double set run straight onto grass out of picture?

Got a map link to this?

Eef Kamerbeekstraat 43,
1095 MP
Amsterdam, Netherlands

1 Like

Thanks, the passer-by made me chuckle.

2 Likes

Ha looks like Colin from “what we do in the shadows “

Phenomenal.

1 Like

Worth a Eurostar booking .

I dont think its new but I went to this place yesterday whilst on hols for a few days…fun for 30 mins or so but no longevity - local kids seem well bored of it too…jus sayin