Nine Club

I bet he asks how much he gets paid for a chipmunks film.

7 Likes

Re. the Salba episode -

I did have to chuckle at the 2:39 mark when, after not ceasing to relentlessly talk about himself for over two and half hours, he confesses that heā€™s one of those types of people that doesnā€™t really like to talk about themselves.

There are some interesting stories in there though, getting plans of all the US dams to seek out skateable pipes being one of them. That said, I canā€™t see it ranking in amongst many peopleā€™s favourites, (apart from Salba himself,that is).

1 Like

I canā€™t think of anyone less relevant than salba

Actually maybe malba. God malba was so shit.

2 Likes

I canā€™t think of anyone who has gone so far with about 3 tricks.

1 Like

I havenā€™t watched a nine club for ages, (Crob is a shit interviewer) but that Jason Ellis one is fucking amazing so far.

2 Likes

Jason Lee - ā€œThen I got a part in Enemy of the Stateā€¦ā€
Crob - ā€œWait, you were in Enemy of the State?ā€
Jason Lee - ā€œYeahā€¦ā€
Crob - ā€œIt was a forgettable part though, right?ā€
Jason Lee - ā€œHuh?ā€
Crob - " I love that film and I just donā€™t remember you being in it!"

UK Skate Forum in-jokes

3 Likes

seems like Torres was doing California tech on east coast spots at a time when skateboarding was all superstar stunts

I definitely prefer this interview with him

3 Likes

Well that was a painful watch. I sat through the whole thing and despite her smile and hippy sweater I couldnā€™t help but have this flashing up in my mind throughout ā€¦*

Prime example of her disingenuous and thinly veiled hypocrisy was the slip up re. Amazon. ā€˜ā€™Amazon and Facebook are ruining things for all of us. Everyone should just fuck them offā€™ā€™, (pretty much the only thing she said that I agreed with), followed by ā€˜ā€™buy my husbandā€™s new book. Itā€™s available from Amazonā€™ā€™.

*obviously Iā€˜m not suggesting that she or anyone takes Billā€™s advice literally but the sentiment behind what heā€™s pointing out stands.

This went some way to neutralising the bad taste that I had lingering after watching that Nine Club episode.

Sounds like it could be the worst one ever, which is probably saying something. Maybe you can just pay to be featured now, like No Comply Network, whatever that even is.

Who is this person anyway? Google suggests something to do with the business side of snowboarding.

OK, sounds very boring. I donā€™t think many of the skateboarders Iā€™m interested in have agents.

Jason Ellis was really funny.

1 Like

She does have roots in skating from way back. Apparently she could have been sponsored by Powell had she taken the meeting, (her words not mine).She was mates with Anita whatshername from Public Domain/Ban This. She was a relatively accomplished snowboarder, got injured a bit and got let go by her sponsor then sued them for wrongful dismissal. That ā€˜inspiredā€™ her to become an Action Sports agent.

She does Skate /Snow/Surtf. She represented Koston, Rune, Bob and others , and continues to represent Prod and Kelly Slater amongst others. She was almost directly responsible for the Life of Ryan TV show becoming a thing. The list of crap goes on. Iā€™ve heard the argument that skaters need to get paid - and yeah, they do but I just canā€™t get past these kind of people who commoditise the world and stick a dollar sign on absolutely everything around them.

3 Likes

Well said. Sheā€™s probably going to try to invoice you now, for talking about her.

2 Likes

Jason Ellis is fucking hilarious.

1 Like

Crob canā€™t mess this one up too much tomorrow hopefully.

3 Likes

Oh shit. Excited for this.
Kellyā€™s laugh though, fuck.

20 minutes in and itā€™s great so far.

2 Likes

Phew, Iā€™ll stick it on over lunchā€¦

6 Likes

Loving this 9 club, such a good vibe

1 Like