Nine Club

Damn, it’s weird that they cut all that stuff out of the actual interviews that air.

Crob has, on multiple occasions, asked a guest how much they earned for royalties or for a particular deal. Then will follow it up with something like, ‘nah, I’m just joking, but I’m not joking. How much, haha? A rough figure will do, haha. Just joking bro.’ Then will go on to say that it fascinates him. I get the feeling that if the guests were willing to do it he’d be happy to go through their accounts, mostly to satisfy his own curiosity.

2 Likes

Oh god, again?!?

Can someone tell me whether this is worth watching

It’s not.

(Not that I’ve watched it.)

2 Likes

I watched 35-40 minutes of it this morning. I can’t remember anything that was said. My overall impression is that it was dull and pointless. I’ll be going back and watching the rest tomorrow though - glutton for punishment, I guess.

Three+ hours about the D3 shoe, no thanks.

Crob’s scheduled attempt to get more info out of Mayhew about what he got paid and what he does with his money

1 Like

Standard, then.

1 Like

Mad, these would make it a ‘no’ for me.

Guess he goes into how it was him, and not a paid-up, trained, professional shoe designer who designed that shoe?

1 Like

That was a good listen actually as it was almost all around subjects Roberts has some knowledge of so it didn’t really grate at any point.

I had a mental block and for some reason mixed Dave Mayhew and Dave Mirra up and got really confused why he’d be on the 9 Club.

Even more so when I remembered he’s dead.

3 Likes

So is the Nine Club.

2 Likes

Oh and any excuse to post this:

Edit: Whilst snorting salt and squirting lime juice in his eyes, Don feels the need to clarify that he’s not a ‘drug guy’ - I guess that now includes vaccines.

2 Likes

Fucking love Don Brown

1 Like

Hoping this isn’t just a long-form version of Karl Watson’s recent interview. But I love this shit.

2 Likes

Never heard of this guy. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

He did this, when went down pretty well:

Thanks. Didn’t see that either but am interested to hear what a neuroscientist has to say about skating (especially if he does skate too, which I suppose he does). Will give this episode a go sometime soon, it might make a long drive more enjoyable.