Nine Club

that was sick

I bet he takes some gnarly slams

1 Like

Just peripheral vision, depth and everything like that is fine :grin:

1 Like

Thereā€™s was some guy years back who had an interview in Sidewalk - he only had 1 working eye. Canā€™t remember his name but his photos were good if I remember (this was like 18 years ago or something). South African maybe?

yeah I remember the dude, kristi or christie or something I think his name was

There was that emerica kid sheldon melishenski or some thing like that. Skated with an eye patch

1 Like

Christie Wiehahn? Main guy in Cape Town at the time I think and was on Zero flow at one point.
Clint Van Der Schyf? Skated for Panic around 99/2000?

Yeah thatā€™s the dude

Iā€™m sure there was someone else earlier on, back in the RAD days, had an interview. Remember thinking he likely has the same issue as me but still rips - Iā€™m thinking around the time of the really small video sequences/BPSW era.

I think I recognise that dude, he made a fucking fortune with NFTs

When I saw on Slap that the guest was to be Gary Vee I assumed it was Gary Valentine (Dwindle/Globe) and there were to be some amusing stories of him and Jason Ellis and the like. But no. A quick Google and it turns out itā€™s this tit.

Maybe thatā€™s the only person they could find who didnā€™t see the Oblow episode, doesnā€™t go on Slap, and doesnā€™t have Instagram?

3 Likes

Complete grifter.

The Nine Club should take a break, line up some actually interesting guests, and do seasons/more sporadic interviews. Theyā€™re clearly scraping the barrel now and it might be useful to let the dust settle on the Oblow thing.

Wonā€™t bother with that one then

Donā€™t know what this means but would the ā€˜online hatersā€™ be the people who called out Chris Roberts for being one of the most clueless, useless idiots in the world of skateboard media following the Oblow episode?

3 Likes

But the business model isnā€™t there if the business isnā€™t there, right? Track and field athletes at the top of their game representing their country still need things like lottery funding. Skateboarders are putting out their content for free these days, where as before youā€™d have had to pay good money for a video to see them. That might be a big problem no-one is discussing? The NBA, NFL or Football clubs arenā€™t giving away their games to watch for freeā€¦ if contests really mattered within skating, like most sports that might be a different story, skating is so much more harder to market to Joe Public, because what are you marketing, why and to whom?

1 Like

I saw Gary Vaynerchuck years ago at some marketing industry event. He was an interesting speaker as I remember. Donā€™t really want to have him shoehorned into skate media though.

Does he talk about marketing skateboarding specifically?

I might give it a listen but I found the one they did with some comedian to be horrible. He had really contrived and out of touch skateboarding stories.

1 Like

I tried to listen to this but gave up after about 3 minutes. This Gary dude seemed horrible.

Thereā€™s been good episodes recently (Jimmy Wilkins, Madars, Dan Mancina). I quite liked those.

I listened to it yesterday and the guy is on constand send! I was trying to work out why he was on the show and Iā€™m fed up with the sponsored ads and Crobs voice going on about athletic greens

They even had an ad for a nutsack hair trimmer or something for a while.

1 Like

Do they really run cariuma ads?
I canā€™t bring myself to watch it and canā€™t work out if thatā€™s a joke or not