Old school UK skate pics and footage

has anyone got any info or pictures of the pool in Neasden? it looked so much fun

Paul Davis, Harrow halfpipe. 79ish I reckon

I remember there being an article in Rad, but never skated it. Looked fun, but I don’t think it lasted long Found this of some people skating it in the rain.

7 Likes

holy fuck! thank you
way sicker than i’d imagined.
i saw a tiny pic - possibly in Skateboarding is not a Book - but that is glorious.

i read that its still there, just buried like the peanut bowl at Harrow

The Harrow Peanut is not buried :wink:

1 Like

Steve Douglas frontside rock n roll Harrow pool. 1980

Andy “Big Bird” Peerless. Peerless by name and peerless by nature. Harrow halfpipe 1980/81

2 Likes

Andy Middleton, Uxbridge mini, early 90’s

Hugh Gurney at Backwoods, June 2016

Me myself and I lounging at the Rickyramp about 83

3 Likes

Jamie Blair, Harrow halfpipe 1979ish…

2 Likes

Rodga Harvey, King Cross late 80’s.

2 Likes

Glenn Jefferies, Spandrel Skatedome, Uxbridge. 1977

2 Likes

Mick Forster Harrow pool, October 1980

1 Like

The Harrow crew or at least most of them. 1981.

3 Likes

Ben Raemers (RIP), Harrow Jam 2008

6 Likes

Nice post Anon. Rare to see Penny as well as the rest of the entourage in footage I havnt seen before. When I first heard the stories from all the older lot in Leamington growing up it honestly captivated my imagination sooooo much and when I first saw the Menikmati bonus young penny footage with the Leamington boys club spine towards the beginning…that was literally the day I just kinda started majorly improving on mini ramp. I will say though…the first EVER blunt kick flip was actually my hederal skate friend Jack “Biggles” Robison. We both bought our first set ups on the same day in 1999 and met at the ramp and forever slated together. He took to mini ramp like a duck to water and he learnt blunts and without being able to kickflip on flat he learned flip out the same day with a wide board and huge wheels. Later that year I learnt blunts and flips out after mastering Ollie and flip fakies. AND ONLY THEN…I saw on a 411vm chaos Date Won bust one on a 1/4 in a comp and then my pal showed me Pennies Venus in Furs section. I was obsessed.

Steve Douglas, early grabbing at Harrow 1980

Has anyone got any pics from the mini-ramps with spine, rollover and hip that were in Dorchester Park in North Cheam back in 1990?

“Mad” Mark Baker removing wind blown crap from the bottom of the Harrow pool on pool on ESA competition day 1980/81

4 Likes