Old school UK skate pics and footage

This one could be Dene?

It should say “Dene is ere” though… :joy:

If we look back far enough surely we’ll find Dene eventually

2 Likes

Yours truly flapping my wings on a fakieollie at Farnborough. Probably 1981. @skate.flyer

11 Likes

That is quite a way out!

1 Like

Mick Forster, old school yanking in a fakie rock, Harrow pool 1980. @skate.flyer on Insta

1 Like

Rodga Harvey, airing the Harrow pipe. 81 or 82. @skate.flyer on Insta

Mick Forster, Harrow pool, January 2007. @skate.flyer

1 Like

Peter Pearce, ex marshall of the first skatepark I ever went to, Spandrel Skatedome in Uxbridge, frontside rocking in the Harrow Pool. Either 80 or 81. @skate.flyer on Instagram.

3 Likes

Colin Taylor eyeballing the camera on a frontside grind in the Harrow halfpipe in 81. Probably my favourite ever skate pic. Steve Lilly was handy with a camera :wink:. @skate.flyer on Instagram

5 Likes

looks like his truck’s on backwards

It’s a Variflex Connection truck with a reversed kingpin.

Not even skate photo really but another favourite of mine. Us young local erks laughing our tits off at something in the bollox at Harrow. Late 80’s I think, good times.

6 Likes

Seeing that photo jogged the memory…
From Sketchy 8.

4 Likes

haha, amazing!

1 Like

Colin Taylor, corner of the performance bowl at Harrow. 1980-81. @skate.flyer on Insta.

Robert Grose (Zeenie) Leaping out of the performance bowl at Harrow. 1980-81. @skate.flyer on Insta

2 Likes

One of the Sunday morning session lads sent this across, his crew in 1989

& at Knebworth Bowl - De La Soul t-shirt probably dating it to 89/90

7 Likes

Paul Robertson, grinding the Ricky ramp, Rickmansworth. Mid 80’s. @skate.flyer on Instagram

1 Like

Me again lurking in the shadows, but easily identifiable by the stupid “jazz hands”. Rock fakie, Harrow halfpipe, early 90’s. @skate.flyer.

7 Likes