ONDA SKATEBOARDS - Our new UK Skate Brand

No never ever.

1 Like

Olly Todd made it look good!

3 Likes

Cool brand guys kind of a cross between Supreme and Braille. Like braille with a hypebeast street twist. Have fun with it and good luck!

1 Like

No he definitely did not. They suited him at the time, but he didn’t make it look good.

4 Likes

Why do you say your company makes trucks but your website has Ace trucks on it? That’s like me claiming I’ve started a new crisp brand and just selling bags of Quavers online

6 Likes

Do you get your trucks from Ace direct or through rock solid?

1 Like

sponsor me will ya lads & can you grip the boards when you send the boxes cos i fucking hate doing it

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely put @tbk11 onda team.

3 Likes

I see the price has gone down to £45. Wonda what happened

3 Likes

We had a little chat amongst ourselves and decided that a previous comment that someone had made was fair. I didn’t get into this to make a large profit but rather to keep myself occupied while we weather this covid storm. I’m also doing this to learn something new.

For those reasons we decided to lower the prices so that we can offer the best value. For those worried about my personal finances, please don’t. I do enough worrying about that myself haha. But in all seriousness I’m not too concerned just yet and like I said we’re doing this more for fun than for anything else.

Thanks for your interest. We’re running a giveaway on instagram which is about to end in a few hours so head on over if you’re feeling lucky.

Cheers
David

4 Likes

Solid response.

2 Likes

Just give me one of your boards and I’ll review it for the forum.

:+1:

3 Likes

Good luck and hope it works out for you.
Ignore anyone saying there are too many board brands; it’s not like we’re forced to buy from them all. Just follow the ones you like and ignore the other ones which eventually go away. Different strokes for different folks and at least you’re having a go.

1 Like

Yes there’s that argument, but if don’t have a ‘team’ or any direction other than print boards I’m not backing it sorry.

3 Likes

But shops and distributors are forced to choose from the all.

And yeah, still needs a team.

1 Like

Not sure there’s much of a choice to be made by a shop or distributor between Onda and Primitive for example really but take your point.

Get on the hunt for route one/tkc sales contacts, tell them cool people sent ya

bumping this lads

dms are open

4 Likes

There’s been a few questions that I’ve yet to answer. Sorry for not responding to these sooner.
I really do appreciate the feedback I’ve received so far and it’s really helping us further shape the way we want this brand to be.

Products from other brands: These are acquired from the UK distributors and sold at the RRP.

Onda Skate Team: We’re working on this as well. We want our team to be made up of local skaters to begin with. This allows us to further our efforts in content production as well as show off why our local skate scene is awesome! Down the line I’m sure we’ll want to expand the team but we need to do these things slowly and organically. Standby for further updates on this.

Regarding getting into shops and distributors our plan for now is to get the attention from local shops. We believe strongly in supporting the local community as much as possible so they will be our priority to begin with.

We really do want our brand to be community orientated and we’re trying different initiatives to help further our goals.

For instance I’ve gone and bought a set of industrial size squeegees so that we can effectively mop up and dry our local skatepark real quick after it rains.
We’re also actively encouraging people to join us when we go for skates whether that’s in the local park or by our supermarket carpark. (We’re lucky to have one that’s sheltered from the rain so we can skate in all weather conditions.)

For now, we’re having a lot of fun doing this and we’re slowly getting it together piece by piece.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have, just comment below.

Cheers again and please don’t stop with the advice, criticisms and anything else you want to share as we can always do with a fresh set of eyes.

Merry Christmas :santa: