Palace thread

Over the past three years I’ve worked semi-frequently at two shops in two cities with scenes which, I think, are amongst the most active and popular outside of London.

Both seemed to, and probably still do, churn through Palace boards. But I can sparsely recall selling, gripping or seeing people riding them in either city.

Baffled.

Looking back, PWBC News was pretty good.

Just had a look at the accounts and Palace (PALACE SKATEBOARDS LIMITED) have gone from turnover of £14.5m to £25.8m in the space of 12 months. Wild!

3 Likes

PWBC news was fucking amazing

2 Likes

Some of the captions for the latest Palace drop are pretty catty:

”JUST GOTTA GET RID OF SHAWN POWERS NOW
AND WE ARE BACK TO HAVING
THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS SKATE TEAM IN THE WORLD”

“WHO CAME UP WITH SKATE OR DIE
I BET THEY USED TO SKATE BUT NOW THEY ARE DEAD”

“DON’T WANT NEEKS ON THE SKATE TEAM
AS LUCAS PUIG WILL MAKE YOU LOOK SHIT”

“IF YOU THINK OF YOURSELF AS AN INFLUENCER
THEN PALACE THINKS OF YOU AS A TOSSER”

“REST IN PEACE
BURBERRY BEING COOL”

1 Like

Shots fired at Blondey? Sounds like a messy divorce.

1 Like

Catty

They’ve been a bit catty with their captions for a while now haven’t they.

I always read those captions as tongue in cheek. Like harsh jokes among mates that have the added bonus of firing up the internet.

I’ve never been into Palace, dressing like Ali G wasn’t cool in 2002 and isn’t cool now.

2 Likes

Palace x FUBU

FUBU would LOVE a Palace collab

1 Like

Yeah agree

Lol had to go into anonymous to post that

That’s the point though; they used to seem very tongue in cheek but those recent one and that Alien Workshop comment didn’t come across that way at all.

Pap shuv-its and rocket flips. Nice.

1 Like

Surprised at no GoFund me for that Steroid skater guy to stone cold stunner Powers for the next Dime video

1 Like

So is this the future of skateboarding? All the ‘cool’ companies having their own shops, for drops?

I can’t imagine that one getting a lot of footfall myself, but I’m massively out of touch.

2 Likes

I hear Charlie’s off Yardsale and on Palace now