Palace thread

Suprised they haven’t got a weed brand in LA yet.

I can see them being more about hash and selling chav trackie b’s with pre made blim holes. That would be funny

1 Like

Yeah most of those just look really bitter, I think it started to go wrong with that misplaced Alien Workshop/Habitat comment.

Also true!

Maybe that is my problem the skating in the video is spot on but I don’t rate the production side of things as big a fan as I am of the way skateboarding used to be.

1 Like

If only there could be alternative plain Jane edits available to just watch the skating rather than having to put up with the styling.
Palace as an aesthetic isn’t my cup of tea but I rate the skaters, I find myself having to put up with watching a video to see them, it’s not an entirely pleasant experience.

2 Likes

Old guy skater syndrome haha. I can’t leave the house to go for a skate without someone complaining to me they hate skateboarding ‘nowadays’.

2 Likes

Grumble grumble no complies grumble high water trousers grumble grumble trap music…

3 Likes

Not sure the moaning old fart card can be played when half their pros are in their 30s.

3 Likes

While I feel like him (good skating in the Palace vid but the editing ruined it for me), I also think that skateboarding has never been as great and diverse as it is now, which is awesome.
Don’t get me wrong, I find all those kids trying to dress like they’re 40 years older than me ridiculous, but I was just as ridiculous trying to be Penny when I was their age, and we’re all playing on the same toy, having fun in the end, which is what it’s really all about.

6 Likes

Seems like skaters just looooove to hate on change when it comes to skating. Certainly there was always a generation before them that hated on what they did anyway

Haha yeah for sure. In my personal experience I just can’t go for a skate for the last couple years, swear down, without the same fucking rhetoric being repeated by dudes that seem bitter about change. I get it, stuff is different, you hate Instagram and think everyone’s trendy and loves sports brands

3 Likes

Let me guess - from dudes who used to wear Puma States back in the 90’s?

3 Likes

a skate-strengthened cupsole Puma State* would be the business.
A character in The Get Down wore red & white ones, and they looked fucking sick. Not unlike when Busenitz wore those drool-inducing red Gazelles.

*they seem to be called Puma Suede these days

Fully thought they’d be everywhere again after that show. Weird if Puma didn’t try to milk it.

I don’t know what the difference between Clyde, State and Suede is but they already did a skate Suede in the early 2000s complete with fat laces and puffy tongue.

The Busenitz Gazelle was a stand-alone model with loads of cool touches - lace saver, booze and tits tongue, gel pad. Only issue was the sole wore smooth too fast because they gave it a softer outsole.

I still have a pair.

1 Like

Me too. Never wore them because I was scared they wouldn’t keep making them.

1 Like

I have no problem with change in skateboarding if it is for the greater good the way/stuff people skate now blows my mind and how open it has become but really who in their right mind is going to wear them jeans??? I have no problem with the big sports brands either if they are pumping their never ending lot of cash into what we love let them do it where as palace on the other hand have removed the clothes from skate shops as clearly it is not aimed at skaters anymore its bigger than that but props to them for what they have done.
Sorry Palace fans but it just ain’t my cup’o’tea but different strokes for different folks as they say.

1 Like

Not a big fan of Palace either but then again I’m not their target at all.
Removing their clothes from skateshops was pretty fucked up indeed.

Love Palace, and their RaD-related new ad is amazing.