Podcasts worth listening to

abp, but just getting stuck into this.
giggling already, ha

1 Like

Listened to this today. Hugely enjoyable.

2 Likes

Cheers both x

1 Like

That skate creative podcast was great. Homesickness in audio form and I thought how you and corpse tied it altogether at the end about just filming so you have a record of you actually skating was bang on.

2 Likes

Been listening to comedian Harriet Dyer on the Richard Herring podcast plugging her Edinburgh show. The show revolves around her abuse when she was younger in Cornwall. At 37:50 she says it started when she began her paper round and then briefly mentions two twin pro-skateboarders (but, I should point out, she does not say in anyway that they were abusers):

Really odd and frustratingly she doesn’t expand on this. Pretty clear who the skaters would be. Makes me want to see the show now!

@franc what podcasts are you enjoying at the moment?

i listen to a lot of the Mostly Skateboarding ones; found some good music ones too-
‘Hiphop Saved My Life’ with Romesh, and ‘No Dogs In Space’ did a great 5 part series on the Beastie Boys story

I don’t know if you’re aware of this - Killa Kela/ Kelavision podcast… It might be up your street. It can be a bit hit or miss and Kela’s interviewing ‘technique’ can get a little Nine Club at times but there’s some good shit in there too.

1 Like

@Scurbrampwoody @anon28148673
thank you, will investigate.

(havent quite forgiven Killa Kela - a song where he sang instead of bionic beatboxing hurt my brain late 00s)

2 Likes

Ah the classics you know, I’ve been catching up with recent episodes of Mostly Skateboarding and Skate Creative I didn’t listen to when I was on holiday with my crazier half earlier this month.

I think the new season of The Bunt is airing sometime soon, hyped.

Vert Button is ok but they haven’t done anything in 6 months, don’t know if that’s still a thing.

1 Like

not sure i’ve listened to Vert Button - biggup
for the heads up

1 Like

You are welcome. It’s nowhere near as good as Mostly Skateboarding or Skate Creative but it’s fun to listen to, good banter.

1 Like

trying the Mouse episode this evening

1 Like

‘Off Menu’ is great if you like food chat. It’s mostly British comedians interviewing other British comedians about what makes up their dream meal. Bob Mortimer and Tim Key ones are a good place to start.

1 Like

Really like off-menu but it makes me too hungry.

I miss T O’Connor’s pod. That was the OG “good pod”.

3 Likes

Yeah, he had a big announcement that he was sorting his act out, will have regular content and be all professional and then hasn’t done anything in 4 years.

He hosts those mini-ramp games of S.K.A.T.E and is a judge on the contest circuit right? The travel involved to get around America doing that would get in the way of podcasting + spending time with your wife and kids when you have a day off.

The Podfather!

Was thinking about his stuff the other day, might revisit some episodes. Too bad they’re not on Spotify. Oh well.

1 Like

Not sure, I’m not his biographer.

Also don’t watch the Tampa comps too obviously or you’d hear him MC’ing…