Pointless Topics

Buy heat sensitive not smoke

1 Like

Yep. Or renting one.

Lived in one place where the wired in alarm was right above the hob. Could boil water without the bloody thing going off.

Ah fuck, I think it automatically redeemed it for me. I clicked on the how to redeem the free voucher from the email and it said I had to log in, then it came up saying Awesome, you are now a pro account holder, like I just upgraded, but I was already a pro account. What a waste. Soz.

Yep. Looks like he’s back on.

oh my word this is so stinking

love it

1 Like

Was waiting …

1 Like

Sat watching Peter rabbit with the child. The whole show revolves around Peter and his friends stealing.

2 Likes

I feel that’s made with absolutely no love or affection by anyone involved in it.

Disappointed by the new hey duggee too.

2 Likes

I cant stand Peter Rabbit. Such a dick. Worse than Bing.

I’m a bit sad our daughter has grown out of Duggee and moved onto things like my little pony. And I was surprised when they referenced a sex offender in an episode at a bowling alley.

4 Likes

Wow! I’m definitely appreciating the references-for-parents in these things.

This new Peter Rabbit is horrible. Any ‘streetwise’, edgy animals are the worst.

I think somebody mentioned Paw Patrol here too. Holy shit, fuck that programme. Although it’s dubbed into English (from American?) which is quite interesting sometimes. They went to a farm in one, and the farmer is there in a John Deere mesh hat, dungarees over a checked shirt, chewing a bit of corn like a perfectly stereotypical redneck farmer, and he had this broad Bristol accent. Saying shit like “That’s hunky dory, pard’ner. Y’all have a great day now, y’hear?!” in a West Country accent because I guess they can’t change the script.

2 Likes

My boy is on Transformers ‘Rescue Bots Academy’ which is like a light version of transformers.

2 Likes

Haha that’s brilliant

I stuck Polly pocket on Netflix several weeks ago to keep her occupied. Turned out to be a power move as there was loads of Polly pocket toys that are dirt cheap at Wilko and the local toy shop. She’s fallen in love the show and is always playing as Polly. She’s gonna stoked at the magic Polly charm necklace thingamabob.

1 Like

Peppa Pig now.

1 Like

Disney films in our house at the moment. Toy story being a favourite, we’ve got them Mr Potato Head, Woody, Jessy and Bullseye others have followed suit so looking forward Christmas this year. And it’s my sons 2nd birthday on boxing day and I’ve got him the Blast Skates my first skateboard, can’t wait to open it!

postman pat is number one here atm, bing/duggee on rotation, occasional twirlywoos plus night garden before bed. coco melon on netflix if she’s in a proper mood works wonders for some reason, truly awful show mind

This is on Now TV and it’s really good. It’s smart and the songs are next level.

1 Like

Fuck the movie adaptations – just read the books. Beatrix Potter was a genius. The Roly-Poly Pudding is my favourite. Also Squirrel Nutkin. But they are all good. If you ever get a chance, have a look at her original artwork in the V&A or her museum in the Lakes. It’s exquisite.

3 Likes

Daughter is sessioning Puffin Rock so hard. On loop. I really like it, it’s just lovely. That’s the only word I can really use to describe it.

Not for any parents that have a problem with Chris O’Dowd though.