Read and Destroy book launch - London Calling 2 : 1980’s and ‘90’s Exhibition.

Chase Lane was my local for years. Must’ve been there when you were there at some point @Sleipnir

1 Like

If you haven’t got your copy of the book yet, 1, What are hanging about for? Get on and order it. 2. This Jenkem article does contain potential spoilers.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I felt the all male vibe too much over the years, we have always had strong females in our crew and I only ever saw/heard positivity from people but I am a bloke and i’m bound to be blind to it aswell so cannot be the bearer of facts. I just saw it as skateboarding appealed to more males than females not that they were discouraged in any way. That’s not to say that some guys wouldn’t be Michael Fabricants about these things though of course.

My book had to be resent and I got it Thursday so only flicked through it. Amazing nostalgia.

I mean it’s cool that Jenkem are repping although it will 100% be stage managed (which is fine) but the clickbait title is quite annoying.
None of these are ‘rarely seen photos’ but whatevs, hopefully it sells more books.

5 Likes

Mon! Does anyone have any old photos of him he might not have seen?

Can you still buy the book?

Got mine here RAD Read And Destroy Book – Ripride Skateshop

1 Like

I was just having another look through the book… Dan must have been double stoked on @buildafire ’s input - he gets two shouts in the acknowledgments.

1 Like

Ah, nice! Didn’t see that. Second one is the correct spelling.

2 Likes

Bizarrely, I think my name is in there twice too (in a different credits bit) and I did nothing

3 Likes

So you are. You’re listed in both Mr. Journalists and Editorial nuisances.

2 Likes

Don’t change @anonymity you just keep on being you :heart:

1 Like