Rocco returns

I’m sure people thought Biden would make changes.

1 Like

What would he do?
He has a Malibu penthouse and has been semi retired for 20 years.
The world and skateboarding have moved on dramatically in that time.

1 Like

Probably just run some adds with snarky remarks.

Poach Andy Anderson from Powell…

No, that was my point. If there is one individual who could make a significant impact on skateboarding, (which given how things operate these days is highly unlikely - though not impossible), then it probably won’t be an OAP.

‘’Don’t call it a comeback / when I’m 64’’ mashup plays in the background .

5 Likes

I hope it’s just advert hype from Louie with His permission and he won’t actually be doing anything.
It stinks of self importance. We know his style of business shook up the industry but come on, it wasn’t rocket science.

It’s Rocco, remember people have dismissed him before to their embarrassment.

I don’t think he’d be doing this without a plan that he’s had many years to work on, while he’s been keeping an eye on the industry from the sidelines.

We’ll see.

2 Likes

I wondered that too.

My response to that ad as an emoji = :eyes:

1 Like

So what is he going to do? Finish Girl like many of you have been wanting for years?
Maybe ruin Tum Yeto type brands and deluxe? Get rid of the old heads so the kids can run amok?
We all know that those kids that ran amok back then turned into shit brands and 99% of them lasted less than 2 years. So unless he’s finally created a hoverboard he’s not doing anything worth doing.

2 Likes

That’s the point, we don’t know anything yet but Is he going to do the same things he did 30 years ago!? Highly unlikely.

1 Like

Does skateboarding need to be shaken up?
Dunno about the rest of the world but I don’t feel like crying everytime I think about the state of things

4 Likes

I get that, but no matter how healthy your ecosystem may appear to be and whether it ‘needs’ it or not, in the long run it doesn’t hurt to have a forest fire now and again.

1 Like

I think he’s picturing

When in reality

1 Like

I fail to see what he will bring to the table.

Also, wading back into this dramatically changed industry sounding like you have nothing to learn does not bode well.

4 Likes

Could this be the outsider force a la Trump and US politics, skateboarding needs?

Er…

1 Like

Quite.

Also he lives in New Zealand, not Malibu.

1 Like

Might be time to invest in finger tape and tail savers…

1 Like

#idgaf

1 Like

Bit like the KLF coming back after 23 years. Ish.

He brought this out a while ago on Rocco’s World Records (import only, still not got one)

Interested to see what this will look like. If it’s terrible I’ll be a bit gutted

Apologies for (slight) derail but your post made me look for and want to post this classic from Todd Conglierre’s band FYP. Tangential link - Rocco bankrolled Liberty which Todd C rode for.

above track used in this

i had it on vinyl - fuck knows where it is now.

4 Likes

Might have mentioned this on here ten or fifteen years ago, but I was DJing at a punk show one time when the singer came up and started talking to me. He was super nice, really into whatever the fuck I was playing, and he gave me records, CDs and a shirt of his band, who were called Toys That Kill. When I looked them up the next afternoon it turned out that that was Todd Congelliere. It was probably in both our interests that I didn’t even know it was him.

8 Likes