Samsung Skatepark

For some unknown reason, Samsung have decided to use skateboarding to promote their new phone:

They are putting on a skatepark in Shoreditch which will be open for just under 3 weeks from this evening. They have produced a truly dreadful mock-up to announce this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0KH4A3tmrU/

Hopefully this means a fairly stable income stream for Skateboard GB which they can use as they want. And Decunha and Sky Brown get nice new phones out of this.

Thoughts? Anyone going?!

Just got an add for that

ABD.

2 Likes

This might be as good as when they collabed with the wrong Supreme. Brought out a fake Asian version of the boss was so bizarre at the time.
https://hypebeast.com/2019/2/samsung-fake-supreme-collaboration-china-announcement

3 Likes

Yeah, 45 years ago…anyone remember the ‘make someone happy with a phone call’ 1970’s BT ads with Buzby?

9 Likes

Nope, please forgive though as I was only 1. I do vaguely remember Buzby though.

1 Like

I forgot I’m at the older end of the forum age range. Probably should have been less of a, ‘do you remember…?’, and more of a, ‘kids ask your parents if…’ :joy:

2 Likes

Haha :rofl:

Park looks fairly boring, but it’s free and indoors:

My partner works for a Samsung affiliate company and started unrelatedly telling me about an event they’re hosting which will have snoop dog and Martha Stewart as guests, as I opened this thread.

No opinion on the pop up park

IG post from SkateGB says that you need photo ID to get in…

My completely irrational loyalty to BT is all down to Buzby.

Renationalise post and telecommunications and bring him back right now!

3 Likes

Killian Martin did some stuff for Apple about 5 years ago aswell, obvs less legit tho.

Marketing team on a winner , real groundbreaker this , the fresh ideas must be oozing out the dept.

Flip phone , flip a skateboard, skateboarding has perfect phone demographics for customers and influencers. Skateboarding is in the olympics and on trend .

Job done people , back slapping all round .

4 Likes

really should be a ‘karen’ flipping out ringing the police on a flip phone

My fave Samsung product :heart:

2 Likes